Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Chevy Fleetline Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JMD82, Mar 12, 2011.

1. JMD82

JMD82

HI! This is Missy...I just wanted to Thank You all for lighting the fire under my husbands ass....the fifty is getting worked on today!!:D

Attached Files:

2. Racrdad

Racrdad

Napping in the floorboard doesnt actually count as work. :D

3. sgnova72

sgnova72

He does look comfortable though.

4. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

So what all did he get done?

5. robleticia

robleticia

I do it all the time on your car!:eek: Where are the update pics?

6. robleticia

robleticia

What???? No updates?? Progress was made this weekend, but look what we found under the car! Custom mounted 10 bolt bolted to the floor of the car with a chain welded to the rear end!:eek:

Attached Files:

7. Racrdad

Racrdad

And it runs now!! Nothing like a day working on old cars with friends, especially when they feed you with the best pizza I have ever had!

8. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

Glad to hear that ya'll got the old beast running. One BIG step forward.

9. robleticia

robleticia

Couldnt have done it with out that fine dizzy rebuild you ^^^^^ did for him!
    The pizza was bad ass! And the 50 now has custom made spring perches with the correct angle on the rear end without a chain!:eek: And there were some 3" blocks installed at the same time. Drive shaft got measured up.......hey Racrdad, maybe we should do all of their updates on their thread for them? I will talk to Ryan and see if we can change over the ownership of this thread!:D

10. JMD82

JMD82

Wow, you guys left the house not even 24 hours ago and have already beat me on here!

Yes the 50 RUNS!! ITs ALIVE!! We need to replace a few gaskets and we can say DONE (for now!) and move on the the next, love projects!!! Just like Robleticia mentioned the rear end did get custom spring perches and 3in blocks put on. The lovely chain that was holding up the rear is now wall art in the garage! Trying te decide on cut springs or lower uprights? We also got a good idea of how the tailights are going to look! Seeing that the boys got some great progress I decided to start on the interior!! Love progress, it fuels the motivation!! :D
    Thanks again Jonathan for the rebuilt dizzy and carb! !
    Doug, that pizza place is just down the street from us, so anytime, remember im supposed to feed yall!!!
    Rob, Thanks for being a smartass and making me want to update less than 24 hours! Pics below!

-Missy:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  11. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

No problem Jason, I am glad the dizzy and carb worked out for you. And thanks again for that sweet painted bowling pin. I have it displayed up here at the shop in my display case.

12. robleticia

robleticia

YAWN!!! Its been two months already!!!! WTF????

13. robleticia

robleticia

Jason is off work today, I know we are going to see some progress today! Get your ass out of bed, drink a couple of Monsters and get that welder fired up!

14. JMD82

JMD82

Progress is getting done today! Weling the door handles, gas door and trunk!!

[​IMG]

We knew we would have to replace the rockers anyway but check out this nice rocker "cover"

[​IMG]

More pics later!

15. robleticia

robleticia

is he sweating in the garage???? That's bullshit!

16. robleticia

robleticia

is he sweating in the garage???? That's bullshit!

17. Racrdad

Racrdad

Alright Jason! Good to see you are out in the garage working on it finally!

18. JMD82

JMD82

Ok I know this isnt the most exciting build thread...but we are working on things! Time vs Money but its all worth it!

Missy mocked up the chrome last night to see what all we had stored in the trunk, we are thinking the subtle chrome, now we just have to make them SHINY!:D

We really have been researching chops!! Not saying that Robleticia's chop had any influence on that at all! Fastbacks are alot more tricky so we are going to tink around with that for awhile and keep researching and the HAMB is a GREAT place for it!! We are goin more for the "Bass Way". We want to keep the flow of this car and not sink down the trunk.....and the Bass Fleetline is AMAZING! Right?

This weekend we are going to play around with grills!! We have a '52, '50 and '49 chevy grills, lets see how creative we can be! Also finishing up welding the trunk holes.

Going to be a great weekend...Checklist on the car, pizza, beer, good jams all with my wife working away with me!!

Pics later! Have a good weekend everyone!

19. Racrdad

Racrdad

Wife working with you, thats not something you hear very often. Consider yourself blessed with a wife that shares your hobby! Now rock on and we will be waiting on those pics!

20. robleticia

robleticia

I hope (chop it) that my car (chop it) nor Doug (chop it) and I had (chop it) any influence on (chop it) your decision (chop it) to chop the car (chop it) or not. Jason and Missy, this (chop it) is your car and (chop it) you should take your (chop it) time and do the research (chop it) before you ever (chop it) make that giant step. You have plenty (chop it) of stuff to work (chop it) on before you need (chop it) to make that final (chop it) decision. Whatever you do (chop it) just remember that this (chop it) is your car and you (chop it) should build it the way (chop it) you want it and dont (chop it) let other people have any (chop it) influence on you as to (chop it) what you do with your (chop it) car. Just (chop it) my .02 cents!

21. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

pics on Monday morning, right?

22. JMD82

JMD82

Rob....good one!

Rusty Heaps...im hoping some by Saturday!!

23. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

here whats chopped and skirts are all about

Attached Files:

24. JMD82

JMD82

Yes sir you are right on the money!!! Looking really nice !! How much did you chop?

25. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

5 or 6 i think

26. robleticia

robleticia

So much for updates Sat!!!!!!:eek:

Maybe Monday?????????:confused:

27. robleticia

robleticia

:confused:Thursday?????????????

28. JMD82

JMD82

Yes Rob it ended up being Thursday!!

Friday night I emptied out the trunk, lets just say we had "junk in the trunk"! But it needed to sorted!

[​IMG]

While I was sorting Jason discovered the body seam that runs down the rear quarter panel was caked with bondo so he cleaned all of that out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that he welded up the trim holes that were also filled with bondo
    [​IMG]

We were interupted at one point by the noise inspector...he had to see what was going on!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saturday morning it was established that the garage needed to be cleaned so most of Saturday was straighting up our work space. I have learned a clean/organzied garage= a happy husband!!

Sunday was welding up the trunk!!
    [​IMG]

Dont know when the next time we will have an update. I lost my job this week so needless to say $$ is tight! The first thing Jason asked was if we were selling the car and my immediate response was "hell no"!!
    We will do little bits here and there! Until next time..later!

-Missy :D

29. robleticia

robleticia

Sorry about your job Missy. You will find another one in no time! Until then, tell Jason to keep welding, I will keep you guys supplied with metal, wire and gas! Let me know if you need something, let's keep the progress going!

30. Racrdad

Racrdad

Nice to see the progress. Keep after it a little bit at a time and it will get there. Sorry to hear about your job Missy, keep your chin up, you will find something better!