After a bit of a setback we are on our way with the actual chop. ( Stripping paint off the roof turned into a fiasco of bondoed - tree damage, dents and creases that resulted in much enthusiastic hammer, dolly shrinking wheel activity and a small patch to massage the roof back into shape- Here's the thread on those repairs- http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660192&highlight=50+chevy+chop This is my first chop and there is no way I would be able to do it without my good friend Jon Sniger (metalinnovations here on the HAMB) walking point and guiding the way, the support of my club (Ring Reckers ) and the patience of my wife Channin and son, Sam... My hope is that this chop will be ALL about flow, and sexy lines..yet restrained . I'm not after a hammered look that is radical but out of proportion..I am after a "traditional" 50s lead sled Chevy vibe Anyway we started off with a 4" chop on the A and B pillars and are eyeballing the rear. ( we had initially measured for 3 1/2" but I had a gut feeling change of heart on the way to the shop...Jon agreed -so we remeasured to 4" and I'm real glad about that because so far I am very happy with the way things sit), The package tray and rear seat supports have been completely removed to accommodate the rear glass moving forward and laying down. I initially was going to pitch the b pillars and decided against it because it creates such an issue with fully functional rear glass and it would drive me nuts not to be able to open all my windows all the way. I drive the wheels off my cars and love the breeze and the sound of the road . I'm not runnin' a 235 with dual Fentons&glasspacks not to be able to fully hear it..not to mention my friends cars when we roll together. Love that stuff. I was also planning on removing the driprails..BUT, now that I look at it, I think they are gonna stay.Last but not least YES, I know the stance is not quite right- For now this as a simple , static drop(no bags, c-notch or tunnel mods this year) I'm running 3" cut coils(Jamco) up front and am fine with where the nose sits.But the 3" blocks in back are not giving me enough drop. I've decided to add 3" dropped springs (Posies) and then fine tune with the blocks if needed once the settle, So, in the words of the great Mr.T, "Enough of that jibba-jabba.I pity the fool who don't post some pics!" Here we go- BAM!