Register now to get rid of these ads!

5 x 4.5" Juice brake Q's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCo_MoFo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

I have `40 Juice brakes that are 5 x 5.5 and was wondering if I can use `49 on drums on them due to the fact that I need 5 x 4.5 for the wheels I want to run.

2. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

if you can't maybe you can drill new holes in the hub and drum for 5 x 4 /12?

machine shop charged me 17.?? for machineing the back of the hubs and a pilot bushing thing and the drill bit was somewhere around 20.00 and I did the drilling at home

3. krooser

krooser

The 40 brakes are 12 "..the 49's are , I believe , 11"...adapters are your best bet..most people don't make 'em anymore because of liability but they can be found..do a google search.

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have done all the searching and found the best deal on adapters and ordered mine. wheelsandspinners.com The 5X5.5 have a very large center hole. By the time you make the center hole of the wheel large enough to go over the center of your hub, there is NO place to put the 4.5 lug holes. The lugholes are in the center hole! and yes, the drums do not interchange

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Even when you drill the hubs and drums for the 5 on 4.5 pattern.....MOST will not fit the hub. The hub is too large (where the bearing resides)...Some Dodge 5 on 4.5 wheels have a larger center hole than the Fords and a good many of the aftermarket wheels are even larger.

Might need to measure before you modify....

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

OK.....he types faster than I do........