Register now to get rid of these ads!

5 window possiblities? metal morphing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

hey guys,

looking around i see alot of tudor bodys for sale for preety reasonable prices-28/31 fords-- and i also see alot of coupe rear sheet metal for sale, deck lids, quarters andthe like.

i would like to have a 5 window but they seem to be kind ahrd to come by on my budget.

now could this idea feasbly turn out looking alright?
    im not asking will this look just like a stock five window, hell im not even asking if it will measure the same.

just asking if it would like right propotionaly ect.

take said tudor body, shorten to extended cab length, possibly leaving the floor or sb rails alone for the time being, then add the rear "clip" to the back of the sedan body and rails.

chop and channel to taste.
    and cut the floor up to fit whatever frame your using

just wondering if it would work

later

tim

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

[ QUOTE ]
    and i also see alot of coupe rear sheet metal for sale, deck lids, quarters andthe like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Hmmm....I'd sure like to know where. I have a good sized collection of Model A panels I'd like to stitch together but I'm missing the rear quarters. I've almost given up and was thinking about selling what I had collected. You're close enough to Kansas City - what gives? Coupe quarters laying against every fence post up there?

And for the record I say Just use the Sedan body as is - or turn a couple of them to buy a coupe.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

well yeah, i would just use the sedan as a sedan. but just wondering if the possiblity was there or not.

quarters, ill pm you a link next time i see any online. or if i happen acrost some

later
    tim

4. Yes,it could be done.It would require some planning,and skill.
    I think Coupe/Roadster quarters are harder to find.I plan on making my own.
    Check out Kustombuilders post from a couple days ago.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Take a 4dr and cut off the top 1/2 half of the rear doors. take the rear part of the roof with the quarter windows, slide it forward. Now you have your coupe and can add a pickup bed..ala El Camino..

6. why not look around for the rear half of a coupe body (should be cheap), add the front half of a fordoor (should be really cheap) weld together and.......

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Hiddy Hoo Tim,
    You could do it, and it would make something very interesting...you may start a trend, do it.
    I know there is tin all over Iowa, but the south-central area seems to be the best.
    Have welder and grinder?.....then you can do anything...

8. quickrod

quickrod

hey tim,by chance,have you stumbled on any 29-30-31 2 door CHEVY sedan bodies?would love to find one for my next project. [​IMG]

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

actualy did not to long ago, gues ill just start posting when ihappen acros stuff now or what? lol

still waiting to see if ill have a garage this winter to see if ill start on anything other then tweaking the ford over this winter.

if anything ill find a body and get it ready to be a car..just something to passthewinter time in the garage when i feel like cutting something up and trying to put it back together

tim