Register now to get rid of these ads!

5 on 5.5 wheel choices?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alwayzarat, Dec 22, 2010.

1. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I want to grab a set of wheels for the rear of my T and throw on some cheater slicks. It seems the selection of wheels available in the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern are limited? I really like the Radir's but the repops are pricey at about $300 bucks a piece. Just wondered what other choices you guys knew of? I like the Astro Supremes too, but I don't think they make them in 5 on 5.5. I'd even rock some Crager S/S if I could find them. I would prefer something vintage, but just wanted to throw this out there so I could be on the lookout for something.
    Thanks

2. i looking also for rims i can unse on my lincoln with the 5x5.5 circle

3. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

4. Are you wanting to buy new or used?

You should be able to find truckloads of slotted mags, spokers, and steelies.

5. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

6. Where what?

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slotted mags or other wheels for a Ford F 100 or F150 should work and aren't hard to find. Also Jeep CJ all years with stock axles.
    From another board here are some more.
    5 on 5-1/2 (139.7 mm)

AMC - Jeep (5 bolt) '42-'89
    Chrysler - 8 cyl. & wagon '46-'55
    - Imperial '54-'66
    Ford 2 ton van
    Ford Bronco, F100
    Ford - all '28-'48
    - full size P.U., van, Bronco '49-'89
    International Scout, Travelall
    Lincoln - all '52-'60
    Mercury - all '39-'51
    Suzuki - Samurai '86-'89
    I'm also pretty sure that full sized 70's and 80's Five Lug Dodge pickups and vans have the five on 5.5 as my 88 D250 does.

A link that has a listing of many vehicle bolt patterns. http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...LugCount=5&StudSpreadInch=&StudSpreadMM=139.7

8. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

the truckload of wheels ,with this bolt pattern

9. Mr48chev just gave a pretty detailed list.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might go down to the local aluminum scrap place and see what they have in their bins of wheels that the scrappers drug in. They may want more for them than what you can buy them other places but here locally a lot of old wheels are ending up there because they give about 15 bucks each for solid cast aluminum wheels.

11. cj92345

cj92345
    from so-cal

these wheels looked like crap when i got them, looked like had been sitting in a swamp, sent them to a local polsiher, i think he charged me $60.00 a
    piece, they came out like new, i was amazed

Attached Files:

12. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I really want to maintain the vintage look, so used would be best. I really like the style of the radir's though and wouldn't mind buying the repops but they are pricey. I would even be cool with the old ansen slots. Not really interested in "chrome", but some polished ansen's would be cool. I've found a ton of cool "vintage" wheels, but even the unilug stuff isn't 5 on 5.5 This is a good start to some places to search though. I appreciate the help so far!!!
    I've got steelies now, but want something "fancier" just on the rear

13. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Interesting!!!

14. 5x5.5 doesn't have much available, I really wanted Radir's or Astro's for my Imperial, but settled on metalflaking the stock wheels and put some hub caps on....not my ideal thing to do, but it seems that new wheels with the right 60's look for my car were going to be through the roof in price. Good luck wioth your search...is your front end 5x5.5 too? If not, you might just have to bite the bullet and buy two pricey ones if there's a certain look you are after....might be cheaper to get a different rear axle if you figure two wheels for $600 or so.
    [​IMG]

15. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I have 6 slots, 4 15 X 10's & a pair of really rare 15 X 3.5's I might be coerced into parting with, message me if you are interested

16. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

thanks for the info ,have a f100 axle for my henry j not many good choices for fronts might just drill the hubs

17. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

the 15x 3.5 5on 5.5s i so got a pic

18. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I would like to see a pic of the 15x10's

19. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I thought about the rear axle idea, but with all the mounts for the buggy spring and everything done it would be pricey to redo, plus everythings been rebuilt. The fronts are 5 on 5.5 too, so at least everything matches up. My plan is to run the steelies on the front and run a mismatched rear wheel.

20. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Anyone know if they ever made the Astro Supremes in 5 on 5.5? I checked US Wheel for the repops but nothing listed in that size. That is the look I am going for on the rear pictured below. Doesn't need to be chrome though. (That's the atomic punk in the pic)

Attached Files:

21. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Here is a pic of a wheel similiar to an ansen with cheaters on the rear. Doesn't look bad???

Attached Files: