Register now to get rid of these ads!

4speed HYDRO!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Sep 25, 2003.

1. skratch

skratch

so,i've been driven the green truck.i got the 1963 394 with 1955 4speed HYDO.it took mew a couple weeks of test and tune to get the hydro to hook up and shift right.(with a little help fom the "richard Johnson"he worked at B&M at one time)now,my truck will leave 200ft black marks down the street.thats trough all 4 gears,folks.now, all i need is some p-trac,slicks and test and tune on thursday nights at the track....i'm ready

fucking HYDRO'S RULE!!!

2. Bitchen man... lets see a pic of it blazin' the hides!
    Sam.

3. I had an old hydro in my caddy before I pulled the 331. The damn thing would always slip around before it decided to grab 3rd. messed with the external adjusters, but it never got tight. What did you do because I have friends w/ old caddys and I always have to work on them. Would like to know more. Hook me up!

4. Honest

Honest
    from Dallas Tx

Where tha hell ya been?
    turn into a pedestrian killer and abandon us?

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

6. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

caddychris,check out www.rodnkustom.com/rocketeers for a little bit of hydro stuff me and peter put together.SKRATCH!!! longtime no see,glad to hear it's working,that TV lever is a bitch ain't it? took me awhile to puzzle out mine when i put the three deuce set-up on there,but i think i got it dialed.all i need now is a 394... [​IMG]

7. rodnkustom

rodnkustom

Hey skratch, did you get my msg's?! Rad that the trucks running so rad man!! [​IMG] I just talked to an old timer today at the local NAPA about his '49 coupe, he was saying that he swaped in a '56 and hydro (not sure if it was an original '49 or the slimjim out of the '56, I'll ask him tomorrow when I go to get my oil filter, yup working on the olds a bit) but he was saying that he blew the hydro, put in another, blew that, changed it to some 3spd, blew that, then finally swapped out to a la salle (lucky bastard) said that's what was still in it when he sold it. Supposedly he said that he built up the engine really well, poor guy, at least now he know's that I like olds's!! [​IMG] he he he [​IMG]

I'll take the 324 when your done w/ it Yogi! [​IMG] hyuk hyuk hyuk [​IMG] [​IMG]

As long as we're on the subject of Olds's, anybody have a 371, like a '57, crank for cheap?! Need one, thinking I want to pull out the engine in the olds, have so much stuff, and going to get a little money soon, if I don't spend it on olds's stuff, I'll just get more tat's! Already going back on thursday a third time in like 5 months! [​IMG] Somebody, please, help me! [​IMG]

Decided I'm going to take a session off in a couple of months, going to work on the olds for a good percentage of that time, part of it I need to go home and make some dough, so I can work on it!

You need me to come down there and take some shots of that truck of yours Skratch?! lol...
    -peter