Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 merc update progress pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lefturn, Feb 15, 2004.

1. this is what i got done the last 2 weeks on the 49 merc.grill is out of a 49 monarch with vertical bars removed.installed front clip on saturdaygoing to mold front bumper in as i did on the rear.

Attached Files:

2. 2

Attached Files:

3. 3

Attached Files:

4. ratster

ratster

Looking good. What color of black primer you gonna use?

5. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

I love the look of that grill! Will the rest of the car be red like the firewall?

6. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Ray, how do you paint over the chrome on the bumper and make it stick? The car is looking good. Wish I was that far along. TP

7. mikes51

mikes51

I wish I could see a better pic of the molded in rear bumper. Do you mean the bumper is welded to the body? or the pan has a lip and extends over the bumper to make it
    look "frenched" in?

Man, those modified Monarch grills look perfect in there.

8. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Ray, Looking great!...You're at the stage I wish I was at. I WANNA DO BODYWORK ALREADY!

All this cutting and welding of floorpans is like an uphill climb to get to my favorite part...

Keep up the great work and the progress pics... [​IMG]

9. I'll just put the car in primer -----let the next guy paint it. Its for sale .I want to start on the carson top 49 merc soon. I will take better pics of the molded bumpers tomorow.This car is for sale and i will be putting it on ebay in a couple of weeks.