Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 49-52 2 Dr chevy car bottom metal chanel for door rubber

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nh-lead-man, Jan 4, 2017.

1. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Need info for any company making under door wavy channel to retain weather seal. Approximate size like 40 inches long 1 inch wide one side straight the other wavy rounded edges Its originally spot welded to the door bottom near out side edge and holds full piece weatherstrip from sagging and remaining straight along the bottom. I would use some used ones but drilling out the spot welds and breaking it free from the door would end up as junk. I have a pair of channels from a 56 ford f -100 they are different and a lot shorter Im really looking for NEW if possible Any Leeds would be appreciated Thanks Larry

2. Although I do not see the channel listed in the attached link, you many want to call them, the channel may be in their inventory.
    EMS makes fine pieces.
    http://emsautomotive.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_62

3. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

If you need any reference to OEM ones, my '49 door bottoms are in very good condition.
    Personally, I think it's a lot of effort for what they are. Why not just apply the weather strip to the door bottom directly? IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4715.JPG

4. That's a solid looking car !

5. BJR

BJR

Why not just make them with some sheet metal and a tin snips? You could screw them to the bottom if a welder is not available. It's not like they have to be exactly like the originals, as no one will ever see them.

6. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

8. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Did you ever find a source for the rubber channel?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.