Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 IHC KB-1 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '48IHC, Aug 5, 2013.

1. '48IHC

'48IHC

Rusty - I have seen that on a couple K/KB's and I really like that look. Funny story about running boards. My garage is in a very bad part of Greeley and had this really drunk guy come lookin in my door and offered me 1k for my running boards!! I told him SOLD! Needless to say, he left rather quickly.

Chris, Glad to see you're finally getting around to putting one on to paint. It's looking good so far. That jag suspension will ride like a dream. Does the IRS wheel hop under a good amount of power? I had an 06 goat with IRS and wheel hopped like crazy. Car was pushin 403hp to the tires.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. '48IHC

'48IHC

Found this down at the junkyard a few miles from the house. Came off an old international frame turned into a fuel trailer. The trailer also has a set of artillery wheels with center caps.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402698755.624048.jpg

3. IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

I personally do not like the look of the full length running boards. It's one of the features of these Binders that I like so much. What makes them unique among all the Fords and Chevys you always see driving around. The shorty running boards was one of the first things I noticed about my 46' that I really liked about it. To each his own, but I personally think it's a great feature on our trucks.
    Mine look especially short as I have a K3 with the 8.5' long bed. The rear fenders sit even further way from the running boards. I plan to have my exhaust exit in those areas.

4. '48IHC

'48IHC

Finally started wiring up the KB last weekend. Taking a little longer than I expected soldering everything up. It's the first car I have ever wired also. I managed to get my ignition, fuel system, lights, and charging system hooked up and functional. Started her up for the first time and everything worked just as it should. Very pleased. Need some exhaust though, open headers get a bit noisy in the garage.

5. '48IHC

'48IHC

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405907555.855705.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405907568.863621.jpg

Finally have it all wired up and pulled it out of the garage for the first time. Feels good to get to this point. I have a few loose ends to tie up before i can start putting miles on.

6. vanislander

vanislander

Great looking truck.
    Interesting build. I have done the jag front on my blue one in my avatar.
    But am starting another for fun on a 85, extended cab, short box s10.
    I have a good running 305, and most of the junk needed to make it work.
    My current project is a kb2, and it looks like I will need to cut the same amount out of my box that you did.
    Is yours an ex cab short box as well?
    I have been reading about using the 5 speed from the v6 s10, but I think they are pretty week.
    I have read mixed reviews.
    My little 305 has a bell housing already, and it looks like it should accept the 5 speed.

But the body and sheet metal first.
    I am also planning on attempting a flip front end.
    They look simple enough. There is a "international kb gasser" on youtube that looks easy enough to do, "just the flip" not the axle .
    My only concern is the front of the S10 frame, I am not sure if I will have enough room to make hinges the way the frame ends.
    I really like the way yous sits. It looks to be a little lower than the jag setup.

Great looking truck, and nice work!