Register now to get rid of these ads!

'48 Ford floor pic request.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace Brown, May 31, 2008.

1. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Anyone able to snap a shot of their '48 (or 46/47) floor for me? It's a Tudor sedan. i made all new rocker boxes and am getting ready to put the floor in, as some asshat had removed the floor of this one just behind the b-pillar forward and replaced it with another donor floor, but it's cut so that i can't tell where it should meet the existing floor. I also have the front metal floor board and am wondering how that sits in relation to the rest of the floor. Thanks!

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here is the best I can do. Hope it helps. The front floor is just straight across and the removable front toe board bolts in the about 8 places.

Attached Files:

3. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

the removable toe board, does that bolt on top of the floor or under it? i can't tell from the pics, or what's left of my hacked floor. There's also a cross support that runs under the floor, i was curious where that is in relation to say the A pillar or front of the door jamb. i think it's just a few inches back from the a pillar? my rocker boxes were rusted pretty good, and the "new" floor was just booger welded in and i can't tell where that cross piece went. that would tell me where the toe board sat. Thanks for the help so far
    -ace

4. Paul B

Paul B

Ace My toeboard meets the floor an not over or under. they meet at one of the grooves.just under the seat. i'll try to get you some pics later. Great score on the 36 . Paul B

5. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

hey Paul, thanks very much i'd appreciate that!

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are some more photos of the toe board. The Toe board in my car is aluminum but they were made of steel also. During and after the War, aluminum became popular.

The distance from the front door pillar to the start of the floor is 4 inches. This is a 48 convertible I am doing which is stock and unmolested with no rust, so the floor should be accurate.
    Lynn

Attached Files:

7. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2770692630073075023TGulZS

I've got five pics of the floor in my '48...hopefully they can help you out, too.

Ace, the toe board on mine bolts on top of the floor board metal - it fits right in the groove that surrounds the floor opening and bolts right in.

8. StrickV8

StrickV8

here's some old pics of our '47 Ford. unfortunately it's all i got.

Attached Files:

9. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Thanks guys, that should help out tremendously. I appreciate it!!!

someone cut that floor up pretty badly, but i can see where it should go now. need a bigger hammer i think :D

-ace