Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 47 Ford cab swap on my Ramp Truck/Dragster Hauler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragsled, Jun 28, 2013.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Now there's an understatement:D

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Gee Bob I thought this was your favorite pic of me:D

Attached Files:

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Trying to make this cab swap as easy as can be:rolleyes:, I used all the wireing from the later cab as well as the dash gauges , cut them to fit in the cab and made some side pieces to blend it in as well as could be,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well I got the clutch working right, ended up resplineing the lever on the shaft, also after my backwards trip into the field I relized the push rod on the new booster needed to be lenghtened ,, I'll make the new shaft end tomorrow at work, other than that been working on the race car , got the engine out to fix two sleeves and do some chassis work ,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Got alot done over my weekend, Cut out some lexan to seal the front windshield, til I get the glass for it,, pulled the wheels off the rear , need to replace the wheel cylinders, Next started to do the floor of the cab, Didn't have the break from work to bend the pieces so I used the ramps to make my bends, Didn't come out too bad:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. olcarguy

olcarguy

You going to give the old girl a new set of shoes while your in there? Stilettos perhaps...:):)

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

This ole girl wear's work boots:D:D:D Yea she's gonna get a set of shoes also, front and back, carrying my old dragster on her back I want to make sure she stops:),,, Tim Jones

8. daddio211

daddio211

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks for asking,,Right now ,being it's outside, it's somewhat on hold, Got the stuff for the brakes, Still need to go get another frontend,, been busy moving in my grilfriend Beth (lizbeth) on here, and helping her on her T speedster build, Plus a bunch of changes on the comp coupe:D, plus trying to stay warm:eek:,,,, Tim Jones

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Finally got a chance to work on the truck,, replaced all the shoes and both wheel cylinders, plus now need to replace two brake lines:( at least there easy to get at:rolleyes: . then I can get this thing moving again after it's long winter nap Tim Jones

Attached Files:

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Finally got some good weather ( No Rain):mad:, Got the rearend stuff done and wheels and tires back on,later today we'll get the front brakes changed out and get this thing moving,, Tim Jones

12. 4444Design

4444Design

lookin' Forward to any updates

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Ended up changeing the master cylinder, Brakes work good now, Took it for a short drive aronud the place,, Now just need to find a right fender and drivers door close to home here in Iowa, Found a few but closest ones were in Kansas , and Wisconsin, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Things come to those who wait!! Picked up a complete 47 ford flatbed two hours from my place , Has everything we need for the cab, Drivers door , right side fender , running boards , plus a bunch of smaller stuff,,mWe'll go pick it up in a couple weeks, Here's a couple pics of it,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Cool. You can never have too many spare parts. :p

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah Tom it helps it's all in one truck also:D This truck has been parked in the weeds since the early 50's 36oo miles on it,, looks like we'll have another 47 to do when the ramp truck gets done:eek:,,,, Tim Jones

17. jalopy45

jalopy45

You can never have too many jailbar Fords....

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah I really like the look of them, Can be kinda hard to find parts for them out here it seems,, Tim Jones

19. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

We hauled the parts truck home today, My buddy Andrew used his truck and trailer to help us get it home:D, lots of parts we can use to finish the dragster hauler, Beth already claimed whats left to build a truck for herself:eek:,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

20. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

She can use to motor and tranny in her speedster:D You have the start to a good bone yard, no neighbors and a pack of dogs:eek:

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah Bob,, A crazed pack of dogs always kept my stuff safe,, Here's a couple pics of some of the dogs with what was left of the last thief they got ahold of, nothing left but a shirt:eek::D:D:D,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Got the running boards and the front end pulled off the parts truck today between storms, hail took out the windshield on our daily driver:mad:, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

23. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Damn Tim, that stuff looks like it could really hurt you. Know a guy on another web site from Nebraska who had two trucks totaled in the storm a week back that said it took the siding off his house too. Makes our drought seem less severe. Betting it freaked out your dogs.

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Very nice conversion, turned out well!

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah Tom we were watching it hit the car , stayed safe and sound in the house, last year my durango was totaled during a hail storm, As for the dogs they have three barns attached to their dog yard lots of places to take cover, after the storm stopped they were busy playing with all the ice balls:D,, Tim Jones

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks still alot of work to do, Nice to have a complete parts truck to work from,, Tim Jones

27. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Sorry you got hit by hail, at the least it wasn't sideways hail like we got. Did it damage your home? Also, I was eyeballing that front axle & brakes giving me some ideas on Model A

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Got some more work done on the truck, had to do some repair work on the lower part of the fender, made some running board brackets, mounted the drivers door and the running boards, It's starting to look like something,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Because the parts truck I got was a factory flatbed , it had the end panels to finish out the running boards, So I bolted them up and went for a drive, after i made it back OK the first time Beth wanted to go also, Only problem seemed to be a sticking brake caliper

Attached Files:

30. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Finished welding in the front tire runners where we extended the ramp, Have a big storm rolling in this afternoon , so we'll have to wait til tomorrow to load the car for some pics,, Tim Jones

Attached Files: