Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 chevy update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Feb 21, 2004.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey everyone-i just wanted to give an update on the 47 chevy coupe project that so many generous HAMBrs have donated parts to. well, the motor and tranny are sitting in the car under their own power now after a new tranny mount was made. we got the rearend hung tonight. so, as of now, the car is sitting on all 4 wheels! i just wanted to let everyone know-i'll keep you posted!

For those who don't know the story-check out posts by wayfarer titled-the kids project or thanks to all during hard times

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

what a sucky update,you gotta have PICTURES dammit! [​IMG]

3. wayfarer

wayfarer

He doesn't have a digital camera. I'll take some pics today and post them.

4. FeO2

FeO2

Thanks for keeping us posted.I'm glad this is not one of those "What ever happened to...." stories.....Charlie [​IMG]

5. salcheeza

salcheeza

Thanks for the update Emilio, keep up the good work!

6. dondanno

dondanno

Cool update we are happy to help. Get some pics up wayfare I wanna see this thing...Danny

7. wayfarer

wayfarer

Here are the pics guys:
    1st the bitchin' shock crossmember Emilio and I built tody:
    [​IMG]

8. wayfarer

wayfarer

And one witht he motor and the body, it's really starting to look like something.
    [​IMG]

9. wayfarer

wayfarer

one more of the car:
    [​IMG]

10. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

thanks wayfarer,next time i'll know to hassle you instead-george [​IMG]

11. wayfarer

wayfarer

Danny, you gonna be at the Porland Swap meet?

12. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks for putting up the pics wayfarer!

13. wayfarer

wayfarer

As per suggestions by the board, if it's ok with Emilio, the project will now be known as the HAMB'ster

14. DrJ

DrJ

I'm so glad this is the HAMB and not the Giant Engined Rod Builders forum.

That would result in you calling it the GERBil [​IMG]

It's going to be a good car whatever it's called....

15. Lookin good! Drop by the school sometime, and we'll kick around some ideas on the firewall. So what's the next step?

16. wayfarer

wayfarer

I'll talk to Emilio and see when he can get out there. Some other guys who are helping him are coming over tonight to work on it with him. Not sure what they'll get done, but when we put the body on the frame saturday, we found out that they mounted the rear too far forward. Hopefully, they'll be fixing that tonight. He's already got an engine picked out. Next is probably the firewall. Of course, we need to figure out the steering and brake pedal too. I'm sure Emilio will post an update tonight when he gets in from the shop.

17. dondanno

dondanno

way, yes I will be there but the main swap is sold out of stalls so we will be getting spots at the track.
    The rear I did on my coupe I set back an inch and an 1/8 to center it. They can do that on the spring pad...Danny

18. wayfarer

wayfarer

Danny, Emilio and I already figured out how to fix it, we just didn't feel like doing it on Saturday night. Is the swap back down on the track again? Last time I went it was only at the expo center. When my dad and I first started going it was at the track too and it was huge. I'm glad they're going back to that.

19. wayfarer

wayfarer

I guess Emilio didn't post last night. I'll see what he did and get him to post an update this weekend. Danny, we would love to meet you at the swap, I know Emilio would love to thank you in person.

20. Wayfarer give my best to the kid.
    All looks good friend. You do realize that Fleet is going to have as nice if not nicer ride than the rest of us and its gonna be mostly you're fault. [​IMG]