Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Chevy Stylemaster Business 5W Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meteor, May 3, 2007.

1. meteor

meteor

I don't know anything about these cars, what does this particular car look like? I've seen pics of Stylemasters but not sure what the Business coupe looks like, particularly the rear end.

I like the custom potential of the coupes and have a line on a 'perfect car'. Some small holes in the floor is all. Body/frame have been blasted and epoxy primed, all chrome, pot metal and stainless is perfect, dash is perfect with working radio, event the brakes are good. Interior has been eaten by mice but no mice piss or krap (ie. no nests). Top has been cut for a future chop but no material removed. Needs a powertrain.

I'm waiting on pics and could probably get it for about $3600. Based on above, is it a good price? thanks.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The 41-48 Chevrolets pretty much all look alike front and rear. The 41s don't have the fender bubbles on the doors.
    There is a different grille each year.

3. meteor

meteor

does the 'Stylemaster' Businessman Coupe have the large rear side glass with the shortened bubble-butt (2dr sedan?) or is it more like the other coupes with a longer rear deck?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Chevy had two bodies for coupes in these years, the 41 and the 42-48. All the "Stylemaster" and such descriptions have to do with trim packages.

5. meteor

meteor

okay, thanks. The other body style I'm thinking of must be a 2-door sedan then.

6. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

The standard 5 window coupe and the business coupe had identical outside bodies only the rear seat area was different. The inside of the rtunk was extended to within 8-10" of the rear of the front seat. The rear package tray is real long toward the front as well. This area was all spotwelded and can be removed and replaced with the interior side panels and rear seat from a standard 5 window coupe. The gas tank is also located in the rear seat area with the filler out the right side right behind the door. It must be moved to the trunk to install a rear seat as well. Here's one I did this to in 1955.

[​IMG]

The outside chrome trin was also minimal on the business coupe only trim around the beltline under the windows. I removed the trim on the one pictured above.

7. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

8. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Note the car illustrated has had Lincoln taillamps installed in place of the stock lamps and the deck handle and trim have been shaved.