Register now to get rid of these ads!

47/48 Chevy beltline clips rear window trim retainer??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by historynw, Dec 8, 2010.

1. historynw

historynw

Does any one have an example of the attaching clips. I've locates ones for the doors but the quarter window belt line and upper rear retainer takes a different fastner. If someone has a loose clip or picture of unassemble trim I'd appreciate it so I can order the right clips. The major companies are selling new stuff that requires more drilling and screwing. Thanks

2. Squablow

Squablow

The beltline trim that goes from the quarter windows and wraps around underneath the rear window? That had a couple clips on the side, but the big length around the back had one big piece of steel that bolted or riveted onto the body and then the trim snapped onto it, like one big 4 foot long clip basically. I've never seen one of those big clips that wasn't rotted totally away or bent all to shit from trying to get the trim off, and I've parted out a few of those cars.

I personally think you're better off to buy regular trim clips and re-install it, drilling new holes if you have to, I think you're going to have a really hard time finding that one big long steel strip clip, but maybe you'll get lucky. The '48 belt trim is plenty wide enough for a regular trim clip.