Register now to get rid of these ads!

46 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slickscustoms, Oct 23, 2009.

1. slickscustoms

slickscustoms

whats up guys! i dont think ive posted on here much but ive been lurking around for a while, i love this web site! anyways i found a 46 ford frame with the old flathead in my neck of the woods for 200 bucks. the guy said the motor is seized up and was told it was parked along time ago over a waterpump. my question is is the front end worth keeping for that "one day" model a project? what flathead should this be if its the original? thanks

2. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

if the motor has been sitting out in the elements for awhile it is probably junk, the frontend and rear axle would definatly be worth the asking price.

3. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

The engine should be a 59A, if I'm not mistaken provided it hasn't been changed. Do you want an axle behind the spring front end on your proposed "A" project? Either way, don't junk it 'cause someone will want it.

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

if the motor has been sitting out in the elements for awhile then its probably junk but the front suspension and rear axle are definetly worth the asking price.

5. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

If the motor has been sitting out in the elements then it is probably junk but the front suspension and rear axle are definately worth the asking price.