Register now to get rid of these ads!

46-48 Chassie length

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NostalgiaT, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NostalgiaT

NostalgiaT

Here is the story I have a buddy his kid just bought a 46 ford bussniess coupe Front clip nice shape rear fenders a little ruff body looked good so he thought. After tearing the car down the Body is shot. He has found a sedan body for a decent amount of cash. So many people thing that some of this stuff is worth more then Gold. Will a sedan body fit on a coupe chassie. Or dose anyone know of a decent coupe shell for sale. Thanks for your help and replys

2. S1B

S1B

All the frames are the same. Nothing to worry about.

3. gotra66

gotra66

Is this the coupe that was being advertised in the omaha.craigslist? I have a coupe body, but maybe looking for fender and a hood. I haven't decided which way I want to go with my project.

4. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

I have a 2dr sedan and comparing to the chassis on a 4dr sedan they are identical except one of the body mounts was reversed. Make sure to check your mounts to make sure they're the same on the new chassis as they were on the old.

5. 2-TONED

2-TONED

46-48 ford is the same.
    Mercury however is longer, as long as its not a merc sedan body it'll go right on there.