Register now to get rid of these ads!

42 Ford "B line Special"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty B, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Crafty B

Crafty B

Thanks to all that have made this truck such a success Here's some pic's of the truck I just finished up ,I have about 700 miles on it.I have had it at a hand full of shows this past summer,Billetproof ,Indy road rockets ,Street rod nats and I will be at the Pile up next month. I really just finished it up with all of the neat details so if you did see it this summer it was not finished to the point that it is now.It started out as a quick and dirty rat truck but it kinda got away from me when I came up with the head light stands this just snowballed into all kinds of custom fab work.The rear suspension took the most time to figure out... trail and error but I finally got it to work,think of a kids teeter todder the spring is pivoting in the center and there is a air bag in the front of the spring and a shackle connected to the rear axle so then I add air this pushed up the end of the spring and pushes down on the shackle and this rises up the truck... but what's kinda cool is the fuel tank pivots on the center axle tube and this is how adjust the ride I let just enough air until the fuel tank moves up and down when I hit bumps in the road .It will lay out on the rockers and rise to 5 inchs or so when I drive,the front bags are under the radiator mounted to a cross tube thats connected to the split wishbone.The dash is 60 chevy with a custom drop and custom wheel,bass drum gas pedal custom pedals I could go on but look at the pic's if want and watch for it in Rod and Custom!!

thanks Crafty B KB Meatal craft
    -Crafty B

Attached Files:

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Truck has some nice details. 3/4 ton axles?

3. 416Ford

416Ford

[​IMG]Sweet trunk Crafty B and welcome to the HAMB, I have seen you around town and in Kzoo(nats north). I really like the quality of the work done to this truck. I still have not seen it at full ride height, how much clearance does it have when aired up.

4. Crafty B

Crafty B

thanks, it will go 5-6 inchs

5. Is that PerCor paneling inside the truck? :)

How have you been?

6. Crafty B

Crafty B

wow!!! you through me on that one lol..no it's not percor product.
    Things are really good my health hasn't chanced so I'm very happy with that, still working out of my home shop and loving it,it's kinda funny that it took cancer to open my eye's and just do the things that I wanted to do ..if I hadn't had this happen to me I will still being doing that tubing thing and I hated it

life's good god is great

kb

7. The truck is gorgeous, but I'd really like to see some construction photos, or at least some that would help me understand your suspension system.

Thanks for posting!

8. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

thats a neat truck. I love all the little details. One of the first times I have seen a tractor grill work with the appearance of a vehicle. looks great.
    How about some pics at ride hieght?
    curious about the rear end too. what is it?

9. Nice talking to you in Grand Rapids.

Still planning on the front mount blower ?

10. Jack

Jack
    from Austin Tx

Love that truck! Please post more pic's.

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Are all carbs fuctional? If so, how's it run???
    Some cool details in the build......

12. Crafty B

Crafty B

Hi guys
    Im running just 2 carbs but it's all set for 4 with a progressive linkageand it runs great the way it is,the front mounted blower is on hold for now

13. I don't like these squashed out trucks. But, MAN! I am very impressed with the details and workmanship. A tip of the hat to you Crafty B. You do nice work.

14. It looks better in person.
    Lots of cool details.

15. Those headlight stands are unreal!!-MIKE

16. Crafty B

Crafty B

thanks guys,it was a blast to build ...I will post more pic's

Crafty

17. Crafty B

Crafty B

heres the new pic's

Thanks Crafty

18. Crafty B

Crafty B

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2235702 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2235702 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid">Thanks to all that have made this truck such a success Here's some pic's of the truck I just finished up ,I have about 700 miles on it.I have had it at a hand full of shows this past summer,Billetproof ,Indy road rockets ,Street rod nats and I will be at the Pile up next month. I really just finished it up with all of the neat details so if you did see it this summer it was not finished to the point that it is now.It started out as a quick and dirty rat truck but it kinda got away from me when I came up with the head light stands this just snowballed into all kinds of custom fab work.The rear suspension took the most time to figure out... trail and error but I finally got it to work,think of a kids teeter todder the spring is pivoting in the center and there is a air bag in the front of the spring and a shackle connected to the rear axle so then I add air this pushed up the end of the spring and pushes down on the shackle and this rises up the truck... but what's kinda cool is the fuel tank pivots on the center axle tube and this is how adjust the ride I let just enough air until the fuel tank moves up and down when I hit bumps in the road .It will lay out on the rockers and rise to 5 inchs or so when I drive,the front bags are under the radiator mounted to a cross tube thats connected to the split wishbone.The dash is 60 chevy with a custom drop and custom wheel,bass drum gas pedal custom pedals I could go on but look at the pic's if want and watch for it in Rod and Custom!!

thanks Crafty B KB Meatal craft
    -Crafty B
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

</FIELDSET>
    <!-- / attachments --><!-- edit note --><HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1>Last edited by Crafty B : Today at 06:28 PM.
    <!-- / edit note -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid" width=150><HR style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(hamb/misc/dl.gif); BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none">[​IMG]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbrep_register("2235702")</SCRIPT> [​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid" align=right><HR style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(hamb/misc/dl.gif); BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"><!-- controls -->[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post 2235702 popup menu -->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Crafty B</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to Crafty B</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send email to Crafty B</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by Crafty B</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Add Crafty B to Your Buddy List</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / post 2235702 popup menu --><!-- / post #2235702 --><!-- post #2235713 --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2235713 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="tcat2 thead" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class="tcat2 thead" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid" align=right>#2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" width=150>G V Gordon<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2235713", true); </SCRIPT>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<HR style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(hamb/misc/dl.gif); BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none">Status: offline

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2235713 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: 42 Ford "B line Special"
    <HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Truck has some nice details. 3/4 ton axles?
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19. Junkytudor

Junkytudor

Very nice work, lots of thought into making it right. I really like the blister for the cowl steering, it's not like the others you see. Everyone needs to take a pic from the driver's seat, that looks rad!!!

20. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I have seen this truck at Billetproof and Nats North and my hat off to you. This truck is loaded full of out of the box thinking. It really takes some talent to do that and have it look like it "should be that way". I'm just trying to say that nothing looks like an afterthought on this truck, it really flows. It is one of those builds that you can learn more on than looking at 1000 cars combined.

21. Crafty B

Crafty B

thank you I really tried to not be normal
    Crafty

22. Crafty B

Crafty B

Im taking it to the pile up