Register now to get rid of these ads!

'42-'47 Ford pickups..Anybody? Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jake H., Apr 12, 2005.

1. Jake H.

Jake H.

I might be buying a '46 half ton pickup from a buddy soon. It's really solid, with the original flattie V8 and related running gear.

I never thought much of the front end treatment on these trucks in the past. But now it looks downright cool and different. Very "truck-like". And the beautifully patina'ed coat of faded paint and rust is just right.

I was thinking of getting it running, as is. Then, down the road, put a good IFS, ohv V8, and modern stick tranny in it. Down-low stance with widened steelies.

Anybody have one of these overlooked model trucks? Pictures? I need inspiration before I part with some greenbacks.

Thanks,
    Jake

2. mtflat

mtflat

Ford Truck Enthusiasts has a gallery of members trucks. In the blue banner at the top of the page hit gallery, select list, then click on the year of your choice. You should find something to think over.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/

Then for your upgrades, check out the 48-60 and 47-earlier forums. Most of the info you're looking for is there.

3. k-member

k-member

hammy, I don't have any pics, but I do have a dropped axle for one. I was going to just add lower shock mounts to it for my F-1 but, I just put IFS on my F-1 because I want a new daily driver, and you know how the roads around here can be. Just a thought. PM me if your interested.