Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '41 truck floors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mt shasta steve, Mar 21, 2012.

1. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I've been working on new floors in the '41 for a few months now. Coming down to paint and insulation. The P.O. had BRAZED galvanized down over the rotted floor pan, and then screwed aluminum down over that. I had to make new front cab supports and a firewall section that had been cut out almost to the cowl. While I was at it, I made a new trans support and beefed up the X member.
    I can't say enough good things about Northern Classic Trucks. Their floor sections required very little fitting, and fit like the originals.
    I've tried to post some pics, but I guess I'm better at welding than I am at computers.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I presume you're talking about a FORD truck? Your avatar shows a couple Fords, or have you been working on another make for a change of pace?

Anyhow, congratulations on being able to fix what nightmare work was done before you and save another old truck from the scrapyard.

3. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Yes it is the Ford in my avatar. Last winter I started to repair a frayed wire to the fuel sender, and ended up rewiring the truck from bumper to bumper.
    I bought this truck about two and a half years ago in SoCal, and drove through Pasadena on the way to pick it up. Maybe you had seen it down there?

4. He's in Pasadena Texas. Nice truck.

5. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Thanks for the geography lesson. That'll teach me to look at the location and not just the pictures.
    I got the truck for a good price, knowing it needed A LOT of mechanical work. Maybe even a crate engine next winter. I can do every thing except body and paint. I traded a '28 model A to the local body shop to fix all the chips I put in doing the repairs.

6. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

More KUDOS for Northern Clssic Truck !! I bought the entire lower cab sheet metal, as well as an asembled bed for my 40.... WELL worth eery penny, in saved labor alone !! Now..if somone wouldbegin to "repop" fron stee fenders for thes vehicle,......(hint, hint)

4TTRUK