Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

By the way, the Plymouth and I are in good company: a Lamborghini Miura and a Ford GT. I know they are O/T, but cool all the same. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Griznant

Griznant

I don't care who you are or where you are, a Miura is ALWAYS on topic. :)

Love this thread, BTW.

3. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

excellent as always Eric!!

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Griznant! This Miura is being fully restored, should be killer when it's finished!

Attached Files:

5. Yes, the Miura was way ahead of its time (my all time favorite exotic). Hard to believe
    the design is now over 40 years old.

Nice metalwork going on here, too, farmer; always look forward to your updates.

6. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks 36 ROKIT. I'm going to be working on the car again next friday......finishing up all the final welding.

7. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you SlmLrd, your positive reactions are always appreciated!

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Hey Eric,

Yeah I know I'm up late tonight. I was just wondering what type of coating do you plan on using underneath the body if any? Any type of sound deadner under on the exterior? Just curious. Car looks great. It's a constant source of inspiration for me.

James

9. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you James! I'm planning on doing the interior with Dynamat or something similar.

With regards to the underneath of the body, I don't know yet. Considering this car will be driven (dry weather only) and not a trailered show car, I would like to spray it with some sort of protective coating. I just haven't researched this yet, so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks. Eric

10. farmer12

farmer12

Just a little O/T. (but it does go fast :D and makes a lot of noise!:D) Took one of my daughters to Stavanger, Norway earlier this week and now I finally have a vid of myself landing. :eek:

And yes, I'll be back working on the car again tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddowpaCBzAo

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats gotta be a blast! How long have you been flying?

12. robleticia

robleticia

Cool car, cool job.....you suck! Just kidding farmer, nice landing, looks like fun!

13. farmer12

farmer12

It's always a blast! Been flying for nearly 25 years in total now, of which 15 years for KLM. There are worst jobs you know.....:D

14. powhatan42

powhatan42

Cool video, my ex was airline hostess with TWA, back in the day, so I know the drill. I'm glad that you had a safe trip! Now back to the Rod work.:cool:

15. farmer12

farmer12

Considering today was the last day I was able to work on the car before my 2 week vacation, I took my son Julian along to help me. He cleaned up most of the red primer on the outside and underneath the body. I was great to spend some time with him. I'll make a rodder and customizer out of him someday.;)

Attached Files:

16. farmer12

farmer12

While Julian was cleaning the underneath, I fabricated the last piece for the top of the c-notch. Welded it and got the angle grinder out to clean it up.

Next I welded the support behind the passenger seat in place. The shape of the floor has changed slightly when I bolted the transmission cover in place, so a little modification was required.

Attached Files:

17. Good to get your son involved. Best memories growing up were when I was working on stuff (hotrods and airplanes) with my dad.

18. farmer12

farmer12

We both had a great day, taking lots of pics! This is one of them.

Attached Files:

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Good of you to have your kid involved. Those memories are some of my most cherished memories with my dad.

And trust me on this one.. He's probably already fantasizing about building his very own kustom. You've infected him with the sickness. :D

iPhone - TJJ App

20. Is it STILL KLM Royal Dutch Airlines? Or am I just showing my age?...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  21. farmer12

farmer12

You are 100% correct. The name of the oldest :eek: airline in the world has not changed.

22. farmer12

farmer12

I'm not sure if he'll get into customs but I know he can't wait for me to finish mine! Here in the Netherlands you don't really have many of these cars, so this will probably turn a head or two when driving down the road. Can't wait to finish it either.

23. farmer12

farmer12

The area above the trunk was still rough and needed some lead. Cleaned the area and got some lead on there. After shaving the excess off and smoothing it out with sandpaper, the end result was good.

This is a difficult area as it is the spot where there is a "valley" longitudinally but also a rounded area where it follows the line from side to side. At least I know what I mean!:rolleyes: I think.........

Attached Files:

24. What does the KLM stand for? I have similer memories with my son and our TAFC.

25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I've used KLM services,when i've travelled to Florida.Its a good company,no complainings from here.
    Nice progress again,keep it up!

26. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Fantastic to see the next generation getting involved. He's going to have a greater appreciation for that car as a result!

27. farmer12

farmer12

It actually stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij, with the literal translation being Royal Airline Company. Better known to people as KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines.

28. WOW :eek:

For a guy from Mississippi, I think I'll stick with calling the airline KLM. LOL

29. farmer12

farmer12

I hope so. Just not sure if he's enjoying it due to a real interest or the money I pay him......:rolleyes:

30. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

I can see your point... but those kinds of times with MY dad are what made a car guy out of me. My dad didn't PAY me MONEY of course, all I got paid was time behind the wheel.