Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Perry! Maybe its time we get the Dutch Hambers together for a beer or six.. Eric

2. farmer12

farmer12

Reinstalled the dash and doors today. These things are heavy work when doing it on your own. Final adjustment will be done at a later date. Placed the bench seat in the car as well, just for fun. I'll need to raise it another inch or two and move it forward slightly. I think I'll add two inches of foam to either side of the bench to create more width, so I can fit three people in the car.

Attached Files:

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I need one of those Mock up blocks.

4. farmer12

farmer12

I should be done with mine in a couple of weeks. Don't know what the shipping costs will be though..........

5. farmer12

farmer12

The doors still need final adjusting, but you get the general idea.

Attached Files:

6. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

Looking very cool man..........

7. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks. I figured its better to look back at what you've done rather than thinking of what you still have to do! Works for me.

8. farmer12

farmer12

Started levelling the car today and the initial set up for the triangulated 4 link. The lower bar pivot plates will be welded to the outside of the frame so as to have the airbags in the back as wide apart as possible. I also made some room in the back by cutting out the already messy looking floor pan. This will give me some decent space when it comes to welding the 4 link plates.

Attached Files:

9. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Farmer 12 Beautiful work on your dream ride so far.Enjoy following along,Keep it coming,,you sir are an inspiration to all..

10. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the compliments! Glad to be of some inspiration, just like a lot of guys here on the Hamb that are an inspiration to me!!!

11. farmer12

farmer12

Mounted the front fender and running board. This is now level, giving me a good start with regards to the height of the rear axle. Will get my new white walls hopefully at the end of the week. Will clean up the steel wheels in the mean time and mount the new tires when I get them. Final adjustment on ride height can then be done next week.

Attached Files:

12. farmer12

farmer12

Just one more pic. Starting to look like a car again from this angle! :D

Attached Files:

13. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

that ain't a bad idea farmer hehe,,
    count me in!!
    perry

14. farmer12

farmer12

Started this morning by removing all 4 wheels and took them down to the local shop to remove the tires. Cleaned all 4 wheels (they're actually aluminium, not steel: came off a 5 series bmw). There was a lot of caked on brake dust, taking me close to 5 hours to clean them all, using special wheel cleaner. Will get my white walls from Coker soon, can't to see how it will all look!

Attached Files:

15. farmer12

farmer12

Spent this morning figuring out what to do with the dash. Considering I won't be using the old gauge cluster, I thought maybe 3 smaller gauges would work. A friend of mine who came by said: why don't you get 3 bigger gauges and place them in the middle. So I cut up some cardboard and placed it on the dash. It looked great. It does mean some more metal fabrication though, considering I want a clean look. (welding the glove box in its place and fill the original cluster area) Just ordered three 4 3/8 gauges from newvintageusa, (alliance vendor), a speedometer in km/h, tach and quad gauge. (all beige colour, this will look good with a light coloured interior)

Attached Files:

16. farmer12

farmer12

Picked up the tires this morning from the Rotterdam harbour. Took them back to Haarlem to get them mounted and balanced on the aluminium wheels. Damn they look good! Just before you guys start on prices/costs consider this: 4 Cokers 950, shipping to Holland 350, import duties/taxes/handling charges 600. Thats 1900 usd before mounting and balancing them. So I'm looking at roughly 500 bucks per tire.:eek: It's a good thing us guys here in Europe are as enthusiastic as you guys!!!:)

Attached Files:

17. farmer12

farmer12

Mounted the wheels so as to get a first look and confirmation that my measurements were correct. Luckily all clearances are good. Pretty happy with the result! These whitewalls certainly make a huge difference.

Attached Files:

18. thinkfink

thinkfink

nice...what else will you run ...hubcaps, spidercaps????

19. farmer12

farmer12

Will be running hubcaps. I'll mount one and post a pic for you.

20. 500 per tire! guess you have to give it some thought before you do a big burnout!:eek:

21. farmer12

farmer12

Maybe just a few little burnouts! Or get some cheap wheels and tires when I want to do some serious smokin'!!

22. farmer12

farmer12

Going to run these 57 Cadillac hubcaps.

Attached Files:

23. thinkfink

thinkfink

24. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks. I had planned to go with smoother hubcaps, but liked these better. Glad I made this choice.( then again, I can always buy other ones when these start to bore me.;))

25. Read through the whole thread, page after page. Coooool stuff.

26. farmer12

farmer12

It certainly has become quite a few pages in only 3 months, I'm actually quite flattered by all the positive comments. The people here on the hamb are great bunch of enthusiasts. I'm glad to be part of it! (enough of the positive things, now get back to your garage!!:))

27. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

yeah , can't go wrong with the caddy caps,,

28. rubens

rubens

'K haak een beetje laat in maarrr; OM(F)G, this build is great!!!
    The HEMI is like a hemi should be! And the car itself has really nice lines, I'm the first to tell you that, I think?:p:D:D:D:

Groeten, en tot cruise...

29. farmer12

farmer12

Yep, you're the first one to say that the car has nice lines. Can't wait to fire up that Hemi though!! No earplugs allowed.

30. farmer12

farmer12