Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Kurtis Buick Spotted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustang9093, Mar 30, 2010.

1. mustang9093

mustang9093
    from Indiana

Check out this rare sports car I ran across near Indy. Frank Kurtis' prototype sports car getting a fresh Buick straight 8. Standing near a car with such a rich history gives a car guy a a connection with the past that most people miss. The pioneers of our cult made most of their own parts, no catalogs or UPS back in the day just vision and tools. The workmanship and detail on this car make you forget it was handbuilt in the 40's. Yes it is for sale but sadly out of my price range after the six figure price broke the silence. At least I touched a peice of history today, Thanks Frank..

Attached Files:

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Amazing that such craftsmanship was achieved "back in the day". Such talent is timeless.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Thank you for posting this... I have always loved this car a LOT... Such beautiful lines on this one.

Some more older photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Bitchin'! This is the car that preceded the Kurtis Sport, and then the Muntz Jet. This is the car that Frank drove to the Indy 500 from Los Angeles, and was inundated with requests for him to produce his own car...which he ultimately did.
    It was built from a totaled '41 (I believe) Buick...

5. BEAR

BEAR

thats to damn cool

6. Neat......as we used to say

7. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Where "near Indy" did you see this?

8. Frank nearly drowned in that car. On the drive home from Indy a farmer on a tractor pulled out of a field in front of Frank. Frank swerved to miss the tractor and wound up upside down in an irrigation canal. The car wasn't hurt too bad, and Frank drove it home. What pissed him the most was his custom Ferrari style luggage was ruined from the water.

9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

amazing car, , ,glad to see it survived and is being brought back

10. selohssa

selohssa

Those a beautiful lines. Nice to see that it is still around.

11. If it is for sale, could we get more info.___Please.

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

very very cool, thanks