Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 41 Fords?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GonzoMN, May 16, 2017.

1. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Why do 41 Fords seem to not be very popular?

I’m looking at a 41 Ford Long Door Coupe (Super Deluxe). Car is very well sorted out, runs and drives great. Seller is not sure whether they want to sell or not and we are a couple thousand apart on value for the car. No rust.

What would you value this coupe at?

Car came out of Kansas.

Fatman front end with stock upper & modified stock lower a-arms.

Stock spindles with Ford disks.

Manual Rack

Sway bars front & rear

Power Brakes

Front disks metric hubs

Rebuilt 70s vintage 350, .030 over with mild cam & Q-jet., 9:1, hard seats, HEI.

Custom 5 core radiator.

Rebuilt Turbo 350

9” Ford rear with 3:00 gears

1963 Vintage Torque Thrusts

Old Air Products AC/Heat

Posies Rear Spring
    11058579_992960134077624_5707516503172631149_o.jpg DSC04134.JPG DSC04141.JPG

2. dechrome

dechrome

The '41 fords had airplane styling with the Piper Cub grill. WWll changed that and the 50s aircraft styling was the Ford bullet and the Stude nose. That left the '41 dated.
    dechrome

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. that's a nice car , i have seen it in person many times...but it is not a `40

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I have always liked '41 Fords. That is not to say better than other year models, but like them well enough that I'd be willing to drive one without giving it a second thought.

That looks like a nice car.....as to value, it really doesn't mattter what anyone thinks but for the buyer and seller.

Ray

Wurger likes this.

5. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I always thought they were very ugly until recently. Now I am drawn to them. That round body has always been popular as a base for customs.

6. 41woodie

41woodie

I kind of like them myself....but I'm a bit biased.

7. I had a 41 business coupe that I sold years ago and I like the nose so much I put one on my 46 coupe that I now own.

lbcd and jim snow like this.
  8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

$25K to $30K
    Yes, we know it couldn't be built for that if you count the cost of the car, but
    that's just the way the market is. 41 Fords were a unique design. Either you
    like them or you don't. Plus, parts aren't as plentiful.

lbcd and jim snow like this.
  9. alchemy

alchemy

Depending on the quality of the paint and how clean it is on the underside, it could be anywhere from $15K to $25K. If it had nice upholstery it would easily add $5K, but seat covers and homemade door panels don't.

I LOVE those wheels though! They add a ton of curb appeal!

10. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The 1941 Ford had the misfortune of following the 1939/40 Ford show stealing design but are a nice auto that can be bought right for fun...

lbcd likes this.
  11. jim snow

jim snow

Looks nice to me but I have one. Short door. Granted it's not a 39 or 40. They definitely have a look all there own. Far less around than the more popular 39&40's. I say if you're close to a deal and can make it happen you won't be sorry. My two cents. Snowman

LOU WELLS and Wurger like this.
  12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

The 41 was the transition from a vertical to a horizontal grill. The 41 had both, but the 42's started the wider horizontal style to fit the wider looking, fatter bodies. I have seen 41's with the center vertical grill filled, leaving only the smaller bottom side grills, and I have seen the small lower grills filled leaving the center grill, both looked good. I like them all three ways. Like Lou Wells said, they followed the sleeker 39-40, which probably hurt them in the long run since they were lumpier. Look at a 35 Ford, it followed the 33-34 design, and for a long time was overlooked also.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x2

14. LBCD

LBCD

X2 on following the 39/40.
    I got mine 12 years ago and to be honest it wasn't the year I was looking at first...just happened to be right thing to buy at the time and I'm glad I did. Some people do not like the front clip but who cares...I love it!

LOU WELLS and jim snow like this.
  15. thunderplex

thunderplex

X2 on following the 39/40. <br />I got mine 12 years ago and to be honest it wasn't the year I was looking at first...just happened to be right thing to buy at the time and I'm glad I did. Some people do not like the front clip but who cares...I love it!

X2.

I wish I had never traded my '41 short door coupe.

jim snow likes this.
  16. jim snow

jim snow

Isn't your old 41 back up for sale?

17. haychrishay

haychrishay

If ya want a 40, mine is for sale