Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 40 standard coupe update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Sep 8, 2013.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

getting close-- a little tweaking, chg ac and off to uph we go---bought this one Aug 2012 and started the work on this one April 15th this year--now gotta find another one to keep me busy in my retirement

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Fogger

Fogger

Beautiful classic old Ford. Great color and the red wheels fit right!!

3. kein

kein

One of my favorite cars!! Once I get done with my Capri I think I will seriously start looking for one of these. Do you have a build thread? If not do you have any build pix that you can share, I am wondering what she looked like 5 1/2 years ago. Beauty...good luck with it.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Outstanding Tim, glad to not hear any more about not doing another. Keep em coming.

5. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice and it sits right. Good job.

6. Weasel

Weasel

Good to see the factory production line just keeps rolling Tim. And each one just as sweet as the one before...;)

7. bonesy

bonesy

That is one outstanding Standard! Very nice.

8. reefer

reefer

Great car great colour great stance.......is that Folkstone Grey?

9. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

10. You're the best, Tim.

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Beautiful---do it again.

12. I could always send you mine Tim, that should keep you busy for a while! :)

13. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Tim: Tire size looks great, as does the rest of the car. Very nice.

14. ......Line forms behind mine.:D

15. fortynut

fortynut

I would have to say the color is 'dove gray'? This one is stunning, with all the right appointments, except... My father told me, "If you can't say something positive (he said 'good') don't say anything at all." But, where I grew up everyone and their first, second and third cousins painted their rims red, no matter what; and in the case of this ultrafine machine, with the headlight rims in body color, and all the lines straight and trim fresh and shiny, I'd like it more... like Henry would've birthed it to a wondering world. But, as we all know, taste is a preference. Other than that, you build some beautiful Forties, and for me, a little personalizing is fine, since it's something that can be changed like a pair of shoes. Keep the faith. Burn the midnight oil. Return more of these puppies back to the street where they belong. I just wish I lived down the block from you, so I could hang out and watch, and maybe see how you brew up the magic elbow grease that goes into making your projects turn out with such regularity. Damn. You the one with the little guys that comes at night, or what?

16. ^^^^^^^^EXACTLY!^^^^^^^^

"The standard for Standards"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  17. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

Nice, the colors, ride height, and body look perfect.

18. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THX all--color is Folkstone grey with just a hint of tan added. The wheels are just to get it going. The other wheels are here and are Briarwood Brown like the dash with tan pinstripes and maybe ww. Now gotta find another one--to keep me occupied.
    Interesting sidenote-when I got this car it had a louvered hood (not my style) so I swapped it for another. When I went to install the hood latch setup underneath there were no holes, nor holes for the side trim or small chrome pieces inder the front of the hood. Scratched my head a bit and found that it was a NOS hood never drilled or installed on a car--drilled it as orig and installed it--fits well-probably never find another one.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  19. ...Wow, interesting story there, Tim. Where did you find it?

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

21. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Nice job as usual Tim. Thanks for the update.
    Lynn

22. b-bob

b-bob

The world can always use more '39/40's! keep them coming.
    I like your less is more approach.

23. donsz

donsz

Beautiful!! I had to go back several times to look at it, it seems to get better every time you view it.
    don

24. Really like this car, and how you are accomplishing your plan.

25. If that louvered hood was a Deluxe, I mighta bought it from you. :) Actually, I have an extra hood that I was going to get louvered....never did.:rolleyes:

26. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got the ac chged today and front end set. Runs strong and drives well--brought it home and chged the oil and lubed it. Now for some test runs and getting the bugs out.

27. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

goin to uph this week---almost has the stock look with wheels and tires and phony single eh pipe but hauls ass. At the last minute my wife lookd at the glass and it had spots that were etched into the glass on both sides like a bubble wrap pattern (new glass a few yrs back) would not come off or polish--had to replace all glass--pain in the ass for sure but its done now--off to uph then find another one--looking at two now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  28. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Are you trying to collect them all!!?? Those new rims look awesome, actually the whole car looks awesome, well done.

Scotty

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you work too hard!