Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Plymouth Sedan build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skiviskaves, Apr 15, 2011.

1. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

I'm sorry to report that progress on the '40 has hit a momentary standstill. I bought another OT car that has been taking up my limited free time. Don’t worry, I’m still passionate about this project…if only I could pause time and just work on it. It’ll happen, and you’ll be the first to know when it does. Thanks for checking in, I need a good kick in the ass now and then!

2. farmer12

farmer12

We're patient and willing to wait! Good to hear the passion is still there.

3. Buy a tune up kit from Kanter Auto Parts in Boonton New Jersey for $50.00 and a ign wire set for $50.00...they have everything you need to get the old girl going again.....800-526-1096...mon-fri..8:30-6:00....sat 9:00-2:00 Eastern time:)

4. bracken440

bracken440
    from new jersey

nice car i am also building a 40 plymouth coupe,440 power,I heard using a cavilere rack and pinion is the trick to make room in the frame rails, this is my first hot rod build,is the 440 too much work I hope not,my motor is done,

5. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

Looks like an awsome build, Good Luck and keep posting progress!

6. George

George

All i've ever heard is just bragging rights to say you converted it to rack-n-pinion. The trick to getting the engine in is a rear sump set up. People do put big block mopars in, so it can be done.

7. FANTM58

FANTM58

I`m building a poly too
    mine is out of my 58 dodge
    325 , im setting it up with a 6 pack offy -w- rochester`s
    A picture of it coming out to be rebuilt .
    keep going it will be sweet.
    I love the body style !!

Attached Files:

8. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

It is bitter sweet to inform you that I fell in love with and bought a '36 Chrysler coupe, I have to sell the Plymouth to make room. Sorry to lead you all on with promises of a '40 Plymouth build, but this thread is busted. :eek: The car is for sale if anyone is interested, offered exclusively on the hamb first.