Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 Ford truck fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purplehipower, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me what the difference between front car fenders and those for a truck? I have a bunch of fenders and I know some came off of a truck -- but I can't see any difference in them.

2. fourtybill

fourtybill
    from oklahoma

Look at the flange where the fender bolts to the cowl. The truck cowl is flat, so the flange on the truck fender is flat, or 90 degrees to the fender. The car cowl has an angle or recess in it where this flange meets it, so the flange forms closer to a 30 or 40 degree angle. these numbers are just a guess on my part, but should be close enough to tell them apart. I believe that I am running one of each on my fourty coupe. The left front had the 90 degree flange that i reworked to fit, plus a marker light hole that makes me think it was used on a truck. Other than the flange they appear to be identical

3. thanks - I have a bunch of fenders - some of each I expect and all needing work - hoping to be able to pick out the best two to start with. Gary