Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

40 Ford Deluxe Coupe Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by klawockvet, Nov 15, 2020.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Kanab

State: Utah
    Price: Sold
    This is the "Buckeye Barn Find" Coupe. Its the best one of the two by far. Surprisingly little rust for a Midwest car, only a small patch panel required in the bottom of the quarter panels. The drip rails are good. The body is straight with nothing more than some minor bodywork on the rear below the trunk. The floor panels are covered with crappy new metal, which should be replaced although it would be fine in the minds of many. I'm not happy with the frame but the numbers match the title and its not really worse that what is in my 40 Tudor. Its definitely usable but needs sandblasting and re-evaluation. I also have the 59AB flathead that came with it. Also have a good "running when parked" 53 Merc and/or 302 w/AOD available but not included at this price. I believe both are good as the owner of the Merc tried to buy it back a couple of years after selling it. I had the 302 in my tudor and pulled it to put in a 427. I haven't had the trans apart but I have no reason to think it wont be OK. Same for the rear end. My plans, if I get around to working on it are to bring it back to a stock body, mid fifties high school car with the Merc engine, three on the tree trans. I'm selling as my main project is getting the shop and garage built before starting something new. I only have a double car garage and I'm not going to let my two finished projects sit outside. I might consider trading for a 30-31 roadster, coupe or vicky body but much prefer trading for cash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top