Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 ford brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sephgato, Sep 1, 2009.

1. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

what is the best source that you guys have found for 40 ford brake shoes and cyliners? I can get the cylinders from the auto parts store but was curious about the shoes. Thanks

2. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

3. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Mac's Antique Auto in New York has the best price on American made wheel cylinders, I get my shoes relined by a local guy (here in Milwaukee, WI) he blasts them, recoats the shoe in original style paint & then rivets a full shoe on, they are top notch. He will even match them to your drums if you have him cut your drums. Oh yeah he charges about $13-$15 a shoe, but they are killer.

If you have to send me your shoes I'll get them done.
    BOOM, outta here!

Cheatercarl

4. the ones from Thompson Garage (and other places) are bonded..and are just the fronts OR rear set. i see that they get $110 plus a $50 core

i prefer riveted over bonded.i just bought the linings with rivets and relined them myself on my `40 brakes. got them from Dennis Carpenter for $50 . you get enough to do BOTH front and rears , or two sets of fronts. you do need to buy the riveting tool for about $25 if you don't have access to one, but once you buy it it should be able do many sets for you and your friends

as for the front wheel cylinders , PM me and i will tell you were you can get a super deal