Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 Carb Flathead Manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rcasada, Nov 12, 2009.

1. rcasada

rcasada
    from Missouri

I am looking for a 49 to 53 Flathead Ford Manifold that will mount 4 Stromberg 97s in a cross flow pattern. Something like that looks like the old MAN-A-FRE manifolds. Anyone know of one in production past or present.

Thanks

2. jody165

jody165

3. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

This should be posted in the "WANTED" area of the classifieds. The mods will either move this or delete it most likely.

1shot

4. rcasada

rcasada
    from Missouri

Thanks Jody165, I appreciate the info and will get back with you. I am new to the H.A.M.B. and learning my way around.

1 shot, your bio is correct, you are a pro smart ass. Don't know that that is something to be proud off but we all need something I guess. Thanks for the info on the add placement anyway.

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Would help if you have read all the instructions and rules at the top of the pages on how to do a post and where to post it . Very easy to do !

RetroJim

6. jody165

jody165

his question can easily be interpreted as "informational" which is allowed...

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Welcome to beauracracy.

8. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I don't believe there is one. The 4x2 staggered from Gear Drive is a I. R. Independent Runner..I'm building one for a guy now, going to use Stromberg 81s.
    Duane.

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Duane - you think 81s will be enough on an IR manifold? IR typically requires much more CFM than traditional intakes...48s may not be enough for even a mild engine...

10. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I agree with you Ernie. The owner wants 81s. What I suggested was use a 1" spacer the is open and the whole 135 CFMs will be used per cylinder. The design of the intake is, only half of the carb will be used per cylinder, with the spacer the cylinder will draw from the whole carb. I can always try 97s or 48s if it's to lean..
    Duane.

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Gotcha - makes sense how you're tackling it, but sounds like the customer wants looks over performance. ;) The customer is always right. ;)

12. banjorear

banjorear

There actually is: Tony Barron makes one. It uses a dedicate base with a number of different removable tops. One of the tops places the carbs in a staggered position much like a Man-A-Fre directly over the intake runners.

It is not an IR type intake. A lot of time and testing went into it. Seems like a neat piece. Certainly more serious-race type stuff than nostalgic-looking, but a neat piece none the less.

Check out his website. Be prepared to open up the wallet up a bit, but you will get what you pay for.

Tony is a great guy and a 2nd generation legacy in the world of flathead families.

13. rcasada

rcasada
    from Missouri

Thanks for all the help you guys. I appreciate it.

Retro Jim must be related to 1 shot. (stated with friendly sarcasm and a smile)