Register now to get rid of these ads!

3x2 Rochester carbs need ID and opinion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coke-bottle, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

I think with this link I'm really close to define what carbs are those but I need to be sure who is the right setup for my 327 chevy pretty stock.
    These 3 are bolted on Offy intake and linked but I'm scared from CFM, I've not found any info about, any carb guru can help me?

I also need opinion, the air creaner intake look too big for standard air cleaners?

I forgot.. the only info I have is who are BIG ROCHESTER with 1 & 7/8 x 3 & 3/4

thanks in advance
    Luca

Attached Files:

• rock.jpg
      rock.jpg
      File size:
      36.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. chubbie

chubbie

a 3 deuce set up is a 2 standard 2 jet carb in the center, with dumper carbs on the front and rear........
    you have all 3, standard 2 jet carbs. should run like shit..... if your lucky
    you need one of the 3-deuce kits that are available.... search the hamb its FULL of info on this

3. Deuces

Deuces

How are you going to hook up the fuel lines?? I think your gonna need the side inlet feed carbs for that setup. I could be wrong!!

4. Deuces

Deuces

Nevermind!... I just noticed the 90 degree elbow fittings....

5. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

Up! After 2 hours of reading I've seen lot of 2gc carb setup, 94 and 97 who only have different jets in the center. how you realize who this setup have the same jets size only from take a look to the pic?

And about CFM?

these 3x2 are a bargain, I'm seriously thinking to put a 2x4 :(

Luca

6. chubbie

chubbie

the 2-G rochester should be 280 CFM. the 3 deuce set up has the progresive linkage on the right side of the carbs yours has all the linkage on the drivers side of the carbs. so i can't see your jets.... but the "law of average" says all 3 are stock carbs

7. carbking

carbking

Coke-bottle - all three carbs are different, but all started life on three different vehicles; they are not originally a matched set.

Obviously, we cannot see what has been done to the inside of the carburetors; however, if you (or your tuner) is not a "carb guru" (using your terminology), I would suggest you may have lots of difficulty in making this thing work to your satisfaction.

Personally, if it were given to me, I wouldn't try it on my own car.

Jon.

8. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

They make diffrent vinture sizes are you asking if these carbs are right for your engine size. If so give me a call. there are a lot of diffrent factors that play a role in that answer jim 559-289-9724

9. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

From the looks of it, it's an Offenhauser C362 intake, which takes three large base 2GCs, like the tripower on a '66 GTO. Lots of flow, if your engine can use it.

10. cooger

cooger

Looks just like mine---which are the big base Rochester's. My front/rear are the early Pontiac 2GC "dumpers" while the center is just a swap meet stocker that I fab'd a side entry gas line to fit. I use 'em on a 327 also, progressive linkage I built, and I open the ends to about 50-60% wide open--they run great and I get good milage off the center. BTW, my manifold is a Edlebrock (very early) low profile type for a 'vette setup. You might check and see if your's is this type.
    Cooger

11. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

You're right, it is an Edelbrock intake. I don't know why I said Offenhauser---I got the part number right, anyway! Probably because it's a single plane design, like most Offy intakes.

12. 58_Ford

58_Ford
    from Phoenix

Im working on a rochester 3x2 setup for my ford 390. Ive got tons of help on here and its working fairly well. Just need some tweeks. getting a good hesitation when I slap the Peddle need to ease it in. Im starting to lean towards the vaccum advance and timing. But Im going to play with jetting for a bit. heres the thread
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5233482&posted=1#post5233482