Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Try Starliner on September 9 & 10, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Aug 23, 2011.

1. 1931av8

1931av8

Getting REALLY close! Had to plate a batch of extraneous parts this weekend to keep that Kansas moisture from adding unwanted patina. A little reassembly tonight, a set of new plugs and we will be comin' a loping!

Tom

2. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Dang I wish I could make this one.

3. Dontiac

Dontiac

I want to participate but since my only period vehicle (40 Ford PU) is still in "fresh from the barnyard" state I'm getting a vendor spot. Bringing mechanical parts, trim, lenses, books, hubcaps, vintage 60's trophys and whatever else I can unearth.

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to pre-approve all stuff for sale. LOL!! I can't wait looks like some kool stuff.

5. Dontiac

Dontiac

Well hey Mick, maybe I'll just donate one of the old trophys to be given out that day. We can make up some kind of catagory for it.

6. Mercchev

Mercchev

We're leaving Fountain at 5 a.m., shooting for Pueblo at 5:30, then on 50 East. Dave left this evening, but th erest of us will be caravan-ing in the a.m.

7. Can't make it this year, family duties. The Starliner is another great event that is worth every minute.

Mick, I wish all of you a great weekend and another great get together.

See ya in Dewey if not sooner.

Cheers;)

8. 49toad

49toad

You guys coming in from colorado, I came through there yesterday and the state of Colorado was laying fresh oil and gravel east of Lamar on 50. Just wanted to let you know.

9. mongo51

mongo51

Come on pushrod mike. we will let you come play for us. lol

10. 1931av8

1931av8

Despite the chip sealed roads, the Colorado contingent arrived in good shape and have taken command of the host hotel. Looking forward to tomorrow...

11. tjmercury

tjmercury

I get off at 5:30 in the mornin, gonna go get a few hrs of sleep, then hopefully hit the road around noon or noon-30. We can't wait th get up there and just kick back. Kinda funny that we are gonna drive to Wichita to see Mick and the other Katz that are only 30 minutes off our doorstep, but we love it!

12. walter

walter

Where is the host Hotel. Roadster isn't done but I want to join up later in the evening?
    Thanks
    Walter

13. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Host hotel: Comfort Inn South, 4849 S. Laura is what I got off of the Straycat web site. From what I understand they want to meet at 10 am and then they'll hand out the maps. I've got no idea what the schedule is once we get going.

14. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Oh yeah, the hotel is down by 47th street south and the bypass. South east of that intersection from what I see on Google.

15. gonmad

gonmad

Mick, will you let my wagon in or are you going to be a snob and tell me the wheels to big?? LOL!

Dude....!!

16. dont even think about bringing it lol we are leaving in a few hours

17. yblock292

yblock292

The big day is upon us! Weather is beautiful, tours start at 10:00 ,cook out at 5:00, what else could you ask for?

18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mick , You still let a 45 Harley in ? See ya