Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd annual Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ftroop, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

2. Oh I wanna go!

Attached Files:

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Hey, I'm goin to this! 550 miles to get there. Gonna cruise out in my 54 210 and meet the race car there. We are running the Total Insanity classic Alcohol car from NJ.

This event is gonna be great. The GLNFCC runs a nice program.

Frank

Attached Files:

4. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Looking forward to meeting you Frank, please be sure to stop by the Doran Chevrolet pit.

Steve

5. gas pumper

gas pumper

Definitely, Steve. I usually wander around some during the day. I'll look you up.

Here's hoping for nice non-rainy weather.

and I hear the race track food is outstanding at Marion, Too.

Frank

Hey look at this, here i am doing an Austin Coil impersonation and pissing off the driver by putting finger prints on his shinny hat.:)

Attached Files:

6. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

This weekend !! So far 27 vintage funny's signed up.

7. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

me and don{rebel reaper}will be there again this year.hopefully the track is as tight as norwalk so i can do some big wheelies.cant wait and ill see you guys there.

8. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

Me too. Can somebody pick me up?

9. Deuces

Deuces

Wish we had a bigger smiley list on this forum....

10. John T.

John T.

Woo Hoooo! I can't wait!!!!!! Marion is a very neat old track too.

11. Looking forward to being part of a great show! The forcast is perfect too!

12. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Thanks to Don and Martin for coming out and running with the Great Lakes Gassers on Saturday, they both put on a great show with great wheel stands and strong running cars, artin has done alot of work over the winter and his car is running very strong this year and Don is doing what he does so well and that is making the crowd cheer when he leaves the the line.

Jon

13. cooljunk

cooljunk

Looks like you guys are going to have a great event. Sorry I'm going to miss it. I finally have the parts to reassemble the axle so it should be rolling soon.

14. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Sorry to see you wont be making the trip. We are going,should be a hoot.

15. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Looks like another weakend of fun and little sleep,Dave

16. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

The weather is looking great, sunny and high in the low 80's. I will be there.

17. cooljunk

cooljunk

Hope someone got a bunch of pictures!

18. Here are a couple that I took....had a great time. Saw alot of old friends and made a bunch of new ones....High light of the weekend seeing the Hollish Bros. car...run down the track! Not just for show, I like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Was hoping to get my girls see Little Miss Behavior run but unfortunatly her motor gave it up.

[​IMG]

20. Some random pics of the line up! Simply Awsome! I heard a total count of 29 funny cars there....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I did a little work on my old friend Bobby Rex's fuel car. JC

Attached Files:

22. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

It was great to meet you Don. Thanks for posting these. I hope everyone had as great of time as I did, but I doubt it :D. It was a long time coming, but that maiden voyage was worth the wait. Joe Hollish was lov'in it. Thanks to everyone that made it happen. I owe you. Todd.

23. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hey todd, these pics made my day! wish i could have been there! be talking to ya. what a sight on the track!

24. John T.

John T.

Where's the video???

That was the best event this season for me, we had a blast!!!!

25. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I believe that events like the Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals are proof positive that the "old skool" Floppers do have their rightful place in drag racing -- (yeah, I know, I know, I've been saying this for many, many years, but it's the GOD-HONEST TRUTH!!)... There's nothing wrong with using the "N" word (Nostalgia) when promoting events like this one-- Lots of folks are hungry to see and experience "Nostalgia" themed racing events... One thing that I'm extremely proud of, is the way many of the Nostalgia Funny Car race teams have the ability to all work together with a sense of unity-- It's so good and refreshing to see the different teams who run all the different racing "combinations" getting along so well, and working together for the common goal of moving the N/FC movement forward-- Injected Alky teams, Blown Alky teams, Blown Nitro teams, all showing each other respect and exhibiting good sportsmanship towards their fellow racers-- I believe that's a big reason why the whole movement can enjoy the kind of success that was this past weekend's Marion County event... There's no room in this movement for blowhard hostility and spite-- that only results in disaster... When everybody behaves with mutual respect and integrity, that's when you get the kind of admirable results that you had at Marion County... It's also groovy to see the Gassers, Fuelers and other Nostalgia themed race machinery in healthy supply at this event... The photos on these pages are a treat... I commend the promoter, track, racers, sponsors, media, and fans for making the Marion event one of the more positive events in this ongoing Nostalgia drag racing movement... Stick with it-- It can only get better with time... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

26. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Here are some pictures of some of the gassers at Marion this past weekend. Big thanks to Martin Smith with the Opel and Don Moyer with his Willys for coming out and running with us on short notice and putting n a great show. Thanks to all the Great Lakes Gassers Members and the group from Nastalgic Notions there was some good side by side action for the crowd.

Jon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Here are a couple more.

Jon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

And a few more pictures.

Jon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. cooljunk

cooljunk

Great shots Jon. wish I could have been there. Got the Falcon together and ready for a test run.

30. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Nice pics Jon:Our gang really enjoyed running with the great lakes gassers,look forward to doing so again soon,Dave