Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Old Sh*t

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mmmmmmmmm orange crush.......favorite of Alabama kids in the 50's

good luck on the Rally, will we see you on car crazy ?

3. 2002p51

2002p51

I feel your pain about the clocks. I've been on the lookout for that "just right" clock for the garage for some time now. Saw several this past weekend at the Charlotte Auto Fair but every one of them was priced beyond reason. :(

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Good luck on your trip sounds like fun!
    Old shit has been our passion. To the point the excess of shit has blossomed to an antique business started 25 years ago.

We ended up buying a 1877 antique..

Attached Files:

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

dude you stole my desk... :D the cool thing is you can usually find them for free on craigslist.

I like to keep an old diagnostic machine around, this one works...

and I'm a fan of clocks and random wheel covers.

Attached Files:

6. I really need to post pics of my shop clock. I got it out of the Oklahoma department of Emergency Management. This "Bunker" is about 20' underneath a government building in the capitol complex and build between WWII and the cold war era. It has 2' thick concrete walls and can be completely sealed. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was mounted on springs. It was completely self-sufficient. I'll post pics after I get home.

7. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

I have been a collector for the last 30 years and I decided last year to open a Antique spot in a local Antique mall.

It has been a blast. Nothing to do but refresh the shelves once a week and pick up the check at the end of the month.

If anyone is in the South Western Ontario Area and is driving south of the 401 stop in on Hwy 6 at Freelton Antique Market, open Thursday to Sunday.

My booth is upstairs and is booth B-328

Many H.A.M.B Friendly items for sale

8. BinderRod

BinderRod

Just wait, the older you the more shit you collect.

9. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Well every shop needs a first aid kit right? I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but it has been around for quite a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I suppose that everyone of us has the same soft spot for old junk,
    not necessareley car related, thats just a added bonus, its probably the same
    illness that draged us to like old cars, its the feel for stuff that has a story to tell
    and shows it, the appreciation of real craftsmanship behind those objects that
    you could feel strong in your hands w/out the fear of breaking them, and of course
    the styles of an era that we wish had never passed.......

On a side note, i had 2 desks almost like the one on the picture, lets say 60s?ish, i used them as
    work benches for a long time during my custom bycicle years, and would still use'em
    if the owner of the garage didnt steal'em from me (togheter w/ a bunch of other cool stuff).
    They where rock hard and the drawers under the actual bench were soooo useful, of
    course when i found'em they werent spotless condition as yours and i needed a decent
    table to do my cuttin and welding....best alternative to those would be
    a home made bench, there isnt a single one available at shops that would
    be as tuff as those.
    enuff said i suppose, i see if i can take a couple of snaps of cool stuff i have.
    bonez

11. 067chevy

067chevy

My clock sucks but I've had this cool thermometer for 20 years.
    [​IMG]

12. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I need that toy phone for my Kollection ...............

[​IMG]

13. I love old sh*t.

This was $200 at the Charlotte Autofair in April of 2007.

[​IMG]

This was 2 weeks & $200 later.

[​IMG]

14. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

old shit? hell I am old shit.

15. Of course, no proper office/shop (or bedroom in my case) would be complete without an antique oak showcase stuffed full of parts, toys, tools, etc....

[​IMG]

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

Does this count ?
    [​IMG]

Some old and new mixed together
    [​IMG]

17. senior fried

senior fried

Now thats funny !

18. Better be careful as I can see how this is going !! Before long you'll need a bigger office !!! >>>>.

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Of course it counts... in a major way. The loss to America in old Art Deco style buildings each year is staggering. Admitedly, doing justice to these great old buildings IS very expensive but when you are done you have something extraordinary.

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I have a similar First Aid Kit which was distributed to American families across the Nation by employees of the Bell Telephone Company and their families during WWII. I bought it at an Estate Sale in Pasadena TX of an estate of a long retired Bell employee. Didn't know what it was historically until Dan in Early Ford Parts in Memphis TN told me that he and his family distributed hundreds of them in their New York neighborhood during the War. Sadly, Dan is no longer with us, but his son keeps the business going part-time.

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

I feel your pain.I collect tin litho toys,Pam advertising clocks,Catalin radios,old advertising,and too much else to mention.

22. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I am sitting at the computer looking up at a 1934 Ford Sales Showroom banner which says "Watch America Follow Ford to The V8", a showroom framed picture of the The Rouge Plant and another of Henry himself, a paper and bamboo umbrella from the Japanese Exhibit at the World's Fair of 1933 in Chicago, a 1930s game of 4-5-6 Pick-up-Sticks in the original tube, a 60s Galpin Ford Double Dog ceramic bank, shelves of original Ford and other Parts Books and Service Manuals from the T days through the early 60s, A genuine "Genuine Ford Parts and Service" neon clock (needing service), an ARDUN "Made in England"-tagged valve cover, a clock made for me by a customer from a Model A distributor cap, "wires", and spark plugs, a set of Hot Rod magazines from 1948-1958, a nice old steel tube bed... hey, that looks good, maybe time for a nap!

23. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Some pretty cool Sh*t !

24. Damn,,,,,,,,,,,,,I used to have a battery charger just like that one. And that tool box,,,love it "Munkee" wrench...LOL

25. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Since Offices are usually a little smaller than a shop bay, and you don't have the room for an actual race car to hang on the wall..

Hang a vintage Racing Go-kart.

In this case, a race ready Twin Engine Margay. :D

Attached Files:

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Me loves old shit and some of the old looking new shit.

27. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I love old shit too. Been collecting weird and wonderful old stuff since I was but a wee lad. Still at it, although right now I've slowed down alot due to saving for the new Essex chassis build.

28. 1929rats

1929rats

Grew up in a colonial house built in 1730. Ive been around antiques all my life and thats all I have...

aside from antique cars, vintage boats, signs (last count was 620 porcelain signs) and tobacco tins, I collect antique scales. Have had some featured in two specialty publications...

Get a hold of yourself man, you apt to go off the deep end....no one I know can just have one clock....you'll see....

29. seetz

seetz

fixin' to move, but couldn't help taking a few pics.
    -stewart warner speedo kit
    -old speedo cable kit
    -bearing cabinet
    -carter parts cabinet with all original cardboard boxes

Attached Files:

30. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

A good buddy of mine's mom is an antique dealer and she has a store here in Powder Springs, their house is full of real nice antiques, her husband has a 32 five window and a 32 Ford pickup that looks like brand new. The house is a log cabin style with a brick floor in the kitchen....OK this has nothing to do with hot rods ( well the 32's do ) but its the coolest house I've ever seen.