Register now to get rid of these ads!

394 OLDS Speed Parts???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.C., Aug 26, 2008.

1. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I found a 394 olds motor that was ran in a dragster back in the day, it has a Vertex Mag,6-71 blower manifold, Zoomies,and a set of Alum. valve covers. That is all I can see from the out side, I hope when I tear into it I find some Alum rods and a good crank????
    I am planning on putting the motor in a AA/FA that I am build and need to know where I can get performance parts for the OLDS. Also I am looking for a clutch can for it to so that I can make it a direct drive car.
    Any info would be great.
    plan to add some picks this weekend
    later
    RC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Ross Racing Engines
    Niles,Ohio
    330-544-4466

anything you could need for race nastalgia Olds

Thanks,Tony

3. we've been dealing with these guys for the 394 i put in the 51 olds. all the parts recieved from them are top notch & worth every cent! also really helpful, tell them what you want to do & they will point your the right direction.

4. racer756

racer756

Tony is badass!!
    I bought a bellhousing & flywheel fom him to use a muncie 4sp behind my 303 Olds. Very professional.

5. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I got the motor at the shop, and have started to tear into it. The motor was run in the early 60's an was in a T/F dragster form ft.worth texas (Scotty's Automotive???)
    It came with a wiend blower intake,holmes finned vave covers,vertex mag.... plus a set of zoomies that are rusted out. In the bottom end it has a hell of a main suport setup with alum. rods,pistons are stuck,looks to have a big size cam, the heads have been ported and polished, adjustable rockers, the front cover has no name, they welded a rear plate to the motor so that a chevy bellhousing will fit.
    Will post pictures to-nite
    later
    RC

6. bascuem

bascuem

Hi. I just picked up an olds motor. I am trying to find the exact year of it. I know it is 49 to 56 because the Moon valve covers have it stamped on the inside. If the date codes are the same as 70s G.M. engines it is a 51.?? The engine has a mallory dual point dist. and isky rockers. Also has the moon valve covers i mentioned before. Not sure whats inside. Trying to decide whether I want to keep it or sale it. It turns over really good and also has all pulleys and manual trans attatched. Does anyone have info on these engines? Does anyone have interest in it? Seems like a cool old hot rod engine.

7. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I think the 394's were 1959 until 1963ish.
    Our 63 olds 98 famiy car has the bitch'n special 1963 10.5:1 version produced with 345 hp, around 460 on the torque.
    It would be a pretty cool engine for an old school hot rod.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

8. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

get us some numbers and maybe we can figure out what you got.

9. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Pics added.........

10. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

Holy Shit! :eek:

that is the most serious main girdle i've ever seen for a Rocket engine.

that thing was most definitely built for speed.

11. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

wow id be tickled to death to find something like that.good for you.ive never seen a main suporrt quite like that one.it is definatly beefy looking.got any pics of the rear of the block where it was modified for the trans?

12. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

wow id be tickled to death to find something like that.good for you.ive never seen a main suporrt quite like that one.it is definatly beefy looking.got any pics of the rear of the block where it was modified for the trans? oh and if you need to know any specifics ask.