Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 39 Nash Custom, anybody recognize it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pete Eastwood, May 31, 2013.

1. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Any body recognize this, or have any history on this thing ?

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

I don't have any information on it , sorry ,also I cant figure out why I like it , ? hope some info pops up about this car ,

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no idea of it's origin as a custom but it may have won someone a Golden Hammer award in the 50's when those "sports car conversions" showed up on a regular basis.

2-1/2 inches out of the roof and lean the A pillars back for a bit slicker look and it would be a knockout.

4. BJR

BJR

Looks european with that long hood & front fender.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was the whole idea behind that style of custom. Build a car that resembled a high end European sporting luxury car in your home garage or the corner stall in your body shop. That's one of the better thought out and looking ones from that period.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like they cut down a four door, used the back half of the roof, then cut the bustle trunk off and flipped it for a flat coupe type trunk.

It's really well done considering what some of these types of cut-downs looked like, I like it, would be neat to see it restored, or at least preserved.