One of my customer asked me last year if I could make a roof for a zephyr coupe if he bought it, and we discussed the details and he ended up buying it. This is what turned up at Christmas. I started on it in febuary and squared it up and put some bracing in. I hacked off the windscreen header and window frames. It had been chopped about 8” and the workmanship was very poor. Over lapped panels and the roof was oxy cut off, there was even body washers welded in to fill holes. I used a 38 ford sedan roof to make up part of the roof and back window, but it was to narrow and the gutter was different to the zephyr even though it comes from the same ford family. You can see in this shot it was looking a bit to raked in the roof, and I didn’t want a steel car looking like one of fibreglass kit cars. So we lifted the windscreen a bit and clipped another ½” out of the back window, we had a stock front garnish mould so we worked out we had a 5” chop. Next I had to fix the window frames.