Register now to get rid of these ads!

38 gasser frame progress,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X--GASSER, Feb 6, 2006.

1. I spent the weekend replacing the rotted crossmembers, pissing the neighbor off and making a genuine mess, but I made a little progress.

Attached Files:

2. This is a "late" night pic here, I'm sure my fruit cake ass hole neighbor was about to shit himself crazy.

Attached Files:

3. Final pics, for now.

Attached Files:

4. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Looks good Reed it's going to be a cool car!!!!!

5. KCRodder

KCRodder

It's 20 degrees out here... and your working in a t-shirt with the garage door open...

Disgusting....

6. I have thick skin.

7. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

"I'm sure my fruit cake ass hole neighbor was about to shit himself crazy."

That's why I believe in the old adage "good fences make good neighbors". Better yet when I lived in Missouri everyone had large lots. Large lots=more room between you and your neighbors.

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the frame looks good. as far as your neighbor, invite him over, give him a beer and tell him to start sanding

9. "Late" in my case is 9:30 because of my daughter. This guy sent me a certified letter before Christmas telling me to take my "cars" and "noise" somewhere else and that he is sure that the vehicles are not street legal anyway. My wife ,daughter and I went to his house after recieving this letter and he would not even answer the door. Since then I framed the letter and have it hanging in my garage. Did a little research on him and come to find out he is a self employed collection agency bill collector guy. I have a privacy fenced driveway, I pay my taxes, bust my ass to provide a good life for my family and will help ANYBODY out, and to recieve a letter from the guy that lives next door to me telling me to move away because he doesn't like the cars that I only start up during the weekend, during the day, well within the city ordinance. I wouldn't wan't to waste a beer...

10. Southfork

Southfork

Keep the pictures and the progress reports coming!

Have you decided yet what you are going to use for front brakes? Are you retaining the stock spindles?

11. 54 chevrolet hubs and drums, stock spindles. Actually the axle assembly from my 37 from back in the day. It has been sitting outside since 97 hope there is something left.

12. Rand Man

Rand Man

Keep up the good work.

13. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

cant wait to see it

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Great progress and it's looking real good since your last update.
    Keep the pics coming. LSM

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Making some good progress. When ever you want us to drive some really loud hot rods over to meet your neighbor just give us a call. :D

16. Rusty

Rusty

What a jerk. Sounds like we need to have a Dirty's get together. I will bring my open header roadster over when we decide to fire it up for the first time. Glad to see yall are jumping on this rite away. Looks like you got a good start on it. Let me know if you need anything. P.s yes i want those blinkers if possible. I did not think Gassers needed blinkers anyways. Keep up the good work and the pics coming