Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 38 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotwhilz, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Hi, introduced myself months ago and mentionned starting a thread on a 38 ford pick up, I rescued from Alabma. the thing was a neglected Rat rod, built by some clueless people! Had a good 283 and 200r4, and 9 inch rear end.
    Goal is to have a fenderless truck for my friend / customer to ride around and maybe take it to the salt flats once done!

Here is how it was when baught in Alabama:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next in order was dissaembly and chopping 5 inch of the top but only 2 1/2 from the back window so i don't end up with a mailslot:

[​IMG]

Also a new firewall was in order:

[​IMG]

Then back on a 34 chassis:

[​IMG]

And where it sits now:

[​IMG]

Reworked 32 repop grille shell:

[​IMG]

New floor sorted out:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think!
    Hope it suits the HAMB laws!

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I like it so far.chop came out nice. Thanks for sharing.

3. I was gonna say forget the Deuce grill but that reworked shell looks pretty good! HRP

4. Very nice. I was going to say it needed a chop but I scrolled down and you did just that and a nice chop at that. Great profile and cool grille. Good luck with. Here is my 40 as it sits today. 3.5" chop on mine.

Attached Files:

5. Ok why the hell do my pics always come out upside down? They look normal on the iPad but post wrong. Could I be taking pics upside down on iPad? Hum?????

6. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Thanks! This was my first time chopping a top, thanks to the Hamb for pointing me in the right direction!

7. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Thanks HRP, was a bit scared about chopping the grille at first, always wanted a 36 truck grille and couldn't find one nearby or in my budget. Just need to thicken it a little bit, the profile is a bit thing to my likings!

8. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Thanks for the kind words, chopping is not easy on those years cab, especially the doors! As they taper pretty steep. You know what I talk about if you done yours!
    What i like about those cabs is even when chopped and channeled, still got a lot of room inside!

9. outbookinsis

outbookinsis
    from CA

always wanted a 36 truck grille and couldn't find one nearby or in my budget. Just need to thicken it a little bit, the profile is a bit thing to my likings![​IMG]

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I almost stopped reading after I saw ratrod, but then I saw that you were reversing the process. Keep up the good work.

11. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Made a little progress over the weekend, shaped and taked the rear cab sheet metal, looks a lot better!

[​IMG]

Then got me a butt warmer as it starting to get cold here!

[​IMG]

And acquired some special tool to save me some time on the next build!!!

[​IMG]

This is it for now, got a bike project to finish for another customer while waiting on the socal front bakes and steering parts!

Cheers!

12. anteek49

anteek49

I like what you did with the grill shell; have you done the insert yer?

13. Hotwhilz

Hotwhilz
    from France

Well the insert isn't started yet, we are trying to decide wegther we do horizontal like the 38 ford grille or vertical like the other model years, tough choice!
    Thanks for the kind words!