Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 37 Ford/ New member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeatherLunger, Jun 27, 2020.

1. All the parts dealers have them.

LeatherLunger likes this.
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Techron fuel additive and Marvel Mystery oil are both good additives.

LeatherLunger likes this.
  3. You can participate. Send a PM to the person with the classified ad. Nobody can reply to ads except the person that posted it.

chryslerfan55 and LeatherLunger like this.
  4. Funny you say that because some people's only participation is using the free classifieds. :mad:

LeatherLunger, TagMan and clem like this.
  5. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

If i was lucky enough to own your car i would just drive it,get the bugs worked out as they pop up,then i would slowly make it "mine".The car has some miles on it already,so it should be proven?.I would get to know the car,then i would put my stamp on it.Dont be in a hurry,you might not like what you do,take your time.great looking car,always liked the 37's. Harvey

6. I'm not the one selling...just saw them and recalled that you were asking about them. As has been said, send a conversation request to @woody jim and away you go.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

This is all great info fellas, thank you for all the replies! Got Bertha running pretty good (i think) yesterday! A couple days a go when i first fired her up, seemed like she didnt want to stay very cool with temps around 200-210 in 65 degree degree weather. Cooled down to 190 driving down the road, but just seemed to creep up at idle pretty bad. Electric fan came on at about 190 and thermostat opened up around 180-190. Went and got a new 180 thermostat and drained the radiator as much as i could to refill with fresh 50/50. Seemed to do the trick for now. Wouldnt go over 190 idleling for about 20 min with about 76 degree twmps. See how things go when we get some hot days. To my surprise the radiator installed when the father in law built the car was a Walker. Those things are pretty spendy for new ones, hopefully its pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

Well, back to the drawing board. Car started running like crap again. Went through and put fresh fuel again. Checked the floats spec on the carb and douched everything else in berrymans. Carb looked clean to me despite having ild fuel it didnt look to varnished or anything. Found an oil leak that wasnt there before... looking kinda choclate’y with coolant near the block/ head junction ☹️ never done anything other than simple stuff before. Im regretfully/morbidly excited to go through the top end on this thing. Id rather have Bertha on the road this is too be expected on old cars especially ones that have been sitting so long i guess.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Check the fuel filters?
    Great looking car. Flush it out, change wheels and tires and your stylin’ !

loudbang likes this.
  11. Old-Ford-Iron

Old-Ford-Iron

Fuel, air, spark are your three components to not "running like crap" You probably are but I'd only run premium fuel. Might install a clear sight glass for fuel for awhile. Get that thing running for cruise night! Great looking car

loudbang likes this.
  12. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

Yeah ive got two sight glass fuel filters one at the carb, one at the tank. I changed them both once, probably wouldnt hurt to do it again. Without dropping the tank i just pumped all the old fuel out via the fuel pump with the line disconnected from the carb. My concern with the oil leak is now potentially a head gasket or intake manifold gasket leak. I googled all the troubleshooting tests to determine those issues. Whenever i get off shift, im gonna try and determine those issues. Maybe ill get lucky and that wont be the case, but my old pal Murphy tends to visit me frequently!

loudbang likes this.