Register now to get rid of these ads!

365 Caddy Cam info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barrelnose pickup, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Can anyone please tell me if there is a thrust washer between the flange on the Cam and where it sits again'st the front of the block.I'm playing with parts motors and can't find any parts breakdowns to show me.In the engine books I have it does'nt mention one.

Thanks Chris

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

No washer between cam flange and the block.
    There is a spacer washer on the crank snout behind the lower gear.I know this was on the 331 cranks....bevel side towards crank.... Don't remember if later years 390 have...but sure 365's still do..... So straight edge your gears and check the alignment.

Tony

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. Cheers Tony,I will definitely straight edge the gears.I think it also has a slinger that goes on after the crank gear.
    I am having troubles with the valves also,I am running 58 heads(I believe) which appear to have the same valve sizes as a 390(Dia and length)but the valve spring installed height is measuring up at 2.020" where the spec I have is 1.937"(1"15/16.).This being for 58-62 motors.That would be alot of shimming.New valves and cut seats and liners is all that been done to them.
    Any Idea's would be much appreciated.
    Chris

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Yes there is a slinger after the lower gear.
    Valve springs are easy....we measure pressures.... Not so worried about heights.Tell me how your getting your height(measuring points)

We usually don't use the stock retainers and keepers on our caddy builds.
    I could supply a pkg that would work.

Tony

5. I am measuring from the head surface where the spring sits to the underside of the spring retainer.What retainers do you use and if you aren't concerned so much on the height what do you do about pushrod length?

Thanks Chris