Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 36 Ford running boards again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toad611, Jul 3, 2019.

1. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

I think I asked this before but never got a reply, has anyone put aftermarket rubber running board covers on aftermarket boards ( smoothies)? I have another thread going asking about using generic ribbed door mats,but
    the aftermarket covers would look nicer, just not sure how different my boards are from stock.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

2. Stooge

Stooge

i dont see where there would be a problem sticking rubber to a smooth running board, I did on a '38 Ford, but it was in preparation to try it on my '37 Buick that I made running boards for. i believe it was called 3M Window Weld and was used in a caulking gun, spread it out with a bondo knife over the running board that was scuffed up with 220? Cleaned the underside of the rubber and laid it on over the running board, put a bunch of blocks down and then clamped around the perimeter.

Bob's Automobilia sells a few different styles of running board rubber by the foot in different rib patterns, (im sure other vendors do as well, but they are a buick vendor site that i look at) https://bobsautomobilia.com/running-boards/page-2/