Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emiliedk, Jul 20, 2005.

1. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Help needed!
    I have a 36 3w, wich will be build in late 40's custom style. i am using the caddy flat engine,drums and some other parts from the cadillac, plus a lasalle 39 grille. i have been wondering why not use these beautiful rear fenders. and now i just saw a 36 roadster done just like that. The car won 'Best Kustom' in Vegas.
    I believe the owner is from OHIO. please help out on some pics and info on this beauty
    thanks
    Palle

2. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Palle,I'm pretty sure you are talking about this one here.Hope the pics help.If you are going to build something similar,please don't forget to post pics here.Thank you !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I just reread your post and realized you are talking about a Roadster...The Coupe above won "Best Kustom" at VLV this year.Maybe this is the one ? But it's a Shifters car and comes from So-Cal...anyway,cool cars !

[​IMG]

4. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Hi Frenz!
    Thanks For Your Reply!but I Am Sorry This Is Not The Car. The One Iam Talking About Have 48 Caddy Tail,connie Kit An 41 Mercury Grille. Bo Bertilsson Wrote The Article In Wheels #6. Page 32. You Prob Now This Mag
    Palle

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Now let's see what we have here...VLV,Roadster,late 40's Caddy fins,Continental Kit BUT it's a '41 Willys grille... so I guess it's not the car you are talking about...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last two pics are from Paso this year.Don't tell me it's not the car...full fadeaway fenders would have been another major hint...

6. GumbyChuck

GumbyChuck
    from BG, KY

I love this car.....dang.....

7. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

who's got pics of the black 36 that showed up saturday morning at vegas, with the red fenders?....that thing was sick, i had too many people asking me about my truck i couldnt get over and get a pic of it. and he was only 20 feet away!!! but it grabbed so much attention that you could barely see it through all the human bodies...lol

lets see a pic of that one

8. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

This Is The Car Thanks Alot.
    Palle

9. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Here are two pics.First one was taken at the Moon BBQ a couple of days ago and the second one at the Moon X-Mas Party 2004.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both pics by photo extraordinaire Dave Lindsay.Thank you !

10. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

i dont understand the blower and no hood???

boy if it had a full hood that would be nice

i want a 36 3 window or a roadster so bad..these posts drive me nuts

zach

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I really don't like that middle one. You can't even tell WTF it was. :(

I don't like the red fenders on the other one either.

I am full of hate today.

12. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Anyone got some info about this wild ride?????

I think I have fallen in love.........:p

13. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow, good looking car. Caddy tails look goo but fadeaways would have been my choice. Biggest fault I see with this car is the continental kit trim ring, which is obviously off of a van (the flat top is a dead give away). A correct trim ring will go a long ways. sweet ride regardless

14. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Yes,that's what I think too.Makes it "special" on the other side.I think this one is nice.The '40 Olds bumper looks good on a '36 IMHO.Sorry for the blurry pic.

[​IMG]

I know,the side mirrors are terrible...

15. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

..way too small front tire/whitewall.

16. epinut

epinut

Sorry to say this but I sure as hell hope that no one would mess up such a beautiful thing as a -36 3w, and turning it into something like that "thing" with the caddy taillights & connie kit... To each his own for sure but to me those rear fenders look like a joke... And a 50's bumper on a 30's car, hardly flows with the body... Oh well, the the roadster looks good though! :)

17. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Just look at these pics and maybe the Foster/Hammett Ford will change your mood...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know,posted many times before,but man,what a car !!!

18. Squablow

Squablow

What kind of wheels/hubcaps are these? They're beautiful, kinda Westerguard but kinda not. I'd love two of these for the front of my '40 Chrysler or '46 Fleetline! Beautiful metalwork on this also.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Haha, yeah Cole's 36 rules.

Those hubcaps are custommade. The centers are '50 or 51 Ford horn buttons... genious.

20. Muttley

Muttley

The car is awesome but whats with that air cleaner? It looks like it belongs on a Vega.

21. HA! thats me standing behind that car trying to hide my 'excitement' as i caress the trunk lid... MAN I LOVE THAT CAR.....
    another bit of proof that the 36 3w is the most beautiful car ever.....

22. These are not what you are looking for, but I've always liked this on. I keep the photos on my desk. They were taken in '60 but the car was built right after the war.

Attached Files:

23. Janne

Janne

I fully agree!!!!

24. The car in question belongs to my dad. It's been a work in progress for about 15 years. It was actually a 5 window and not a 3.

I am proud of his ability in that he's been doing the ENTIRE car himself in his garage. While a lot of the stuff he's done to it has gone over very well, I agree with some of those above that some of the other stuff just plain doesn't work. I think he likes to change stuff just for the sake of change. But I keep telling myself "Well it is HIS car..."

But he is to be commended on the fact that he drives the hell out of it. Yes he was at VLV and Paso. He drove to both of those shows from Cleveland, Ohio. The Vegas trip also took him up into Idaho to visit his brother. But the Paso trip was just for the show weekend. He turned right around and came straight back after it was over.

Palle, if you would like any more info on the car I'm sure I could help you out.

25. Rusty

Rusty

That car is sweet

26. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I'll try again.... does anyone have any info about this sweetie??

27. MERG54

MERG54

They are one of's. I was reading all about this car...its insane...just rolling artwork...

28. hemi

hemi