Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '36 Coupe - This is killing me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Mar 24, 2010.

1. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice score. I'd plan on having it set where I could hammer out a few holes and weld them up at times when the other projects are stalled out. A few dent and bullet holesnow and a few then and pretty soon you are deciding which panel to start on next and it wasn't even real work like attacking the whole thing at one time.

3. Just Jones

Just Jones

That's pretty much the way it's going to have to happen, but luckily there will be at least two or three different people working on it now and then, so it will at least move forward.

Maybe we'll have a hole fixin' party and hand out the dollies and hammers, and fire up a few welders.

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

it would make a cool rod , if i scored it for 2 - c notes id set a stool next to it and start welding a patient person could make a nice ride out of it

5. MODELA30

MODELA30

$200.00 that is a deal you could not find the fenders for that. Paint it creamy white and call it swissy chessey. Knuck from indiana.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey thanks, and yep, that's mine. Here it is in '65 with my Dad when he was in high school.

[​IMG]

$200 is a good deal, just for the rear fenders. Looks like quite a project! :D

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

$200.....killer deal.

Thats not that bad! I'd rather fix bullet holes than rust any day!

8. Just Jones

Just Jones

Great picture! Gotta love a hot rod with a family history. And thanks for the encouragement.

By they way, Django, your band does atruly kick ass version of Mule Skinner Blues, in my opinion. I'll have to check out your newest CD sometime soon.

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Thanks! I think the newer cd is better than the first one. We are actually going to Sun Studios next weeked to record some songs. Should be a hoot.

Let me know if you have any '36 questions or need stuff. I might know where to find it.

10. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Hole E smokes two bills :cool: killer

11. Just Jones

Just Jones

Hey bro, so you survived that Brown Recluse spider bite ok then? You were in a real bad way when my wife and I were talking with you about your Falcon at Viva. Hope all is well

Thanks, and will do. You guys had a killer guitar tone on "Three Gears", so I can only imagine what it will sound like recording at Sun. Way to go. I'll be looking forward to hearing that one, too.

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up with '36-related questions in the near future.

12. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I will double your money!! No joke

13. Just Jones

Just Jones

Thanks, I appreciate the offer - and I've had a lot of offers from other HAMBers as well - but I already passed it along to my good friend Hot Rod Bob (whose not on the HAMB) for what I paid for it.

He and I will be building it as soon as we both finish our respective gasser builds.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  14. Just Jones

Just Jones

UPDATE -

Body is going to go on a 38-40 rolling frame (currently with a '28 pickup cab and '36 bed on it) for "Mock up". Its going to be "yard art" at Hot Rod Bob's house until he finishes his Studebaker and my '56 Fairlane gasser projects. So I would say maybe body work will begin next summer - that's if our buddy Gary doesn't get his way and turn it into a stock car first!

We live close to El Mirage and Famoso drag strip (Bakersfield), so when work begins for real, expect a chopped, channeled, flathead powered traditional race car to be the result.

Attached Files: