Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 36 chevy part? Part ID help needed please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Jan 25, 2017.

1. chrisp

chrisp

So I'm restoring a French 36 Chevy 2 door sedan for somebody, among the parts he gave me are those
    [​IMG]
    At first I told him that they look like steel toes but he is 100% sure he took those off his car but can't remember where do they belong to. Does anybody has any idea?

2. squirrel

squirrel

They look like steel safety toes. From boots. Like you said.

Size 9, L and R

3. chrisp

chrisp

I know and my first reaction was to try to stick my foot in there, I'm a 7 and it don't fit : too small.

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

They are hood scoops.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

How do they attach, there appear to be no mechanical means of attaching them to anything and the numbers don't appear to be GM?

6. squirrel

squirrel

302GMC likes this.
  7. chrisp

chrisp

There is just that small lip that can be seen, like it's sliding into something. The more I look at them the more I think they're vintage women size 9 steel toe that were sitting in the car when he got it and he thinks he took them off of the car. It wouldn't be the first who gives me that 80's chingadera from a Renault that they swear they unbolted from who knows where from their XK 140. This week their was this one guy who came to me with a box labeled Alfa Romeo 101 and asked me where the part was going on his TR3...

Squirrel, thanks for the link, I will pass it on to him so HE can go through it.

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Stone Guards for "Fred Flintstones" Brake Shoes . Looks like steel toe from boots to me also

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app