Register now to get rid of these ads!

'36 3W scam alert....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Bob, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Just got a PM from a fellow HAMBer that he had followed up on an ad for a '36 Ford 3W coupe at a very low price. He said he thought he'd seen the car before and it turns out the "seller" is using pictures from my ad on here that sold the car a couple weeks ago. It's got to be bogus because the buyer hasn't picked the car up yet so it's still in my garage.

If you or a friend are looking for a car like this and get pictures of this car you're being taken for a ride.

Attached Files:

2. Fenders

Fenders

If your buyer owns the car, he can sell it even if it's still in your garage.

Or maybe it is a scam.....

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That has happened before, Bob. People have reported they saw an ad for their car and they weren't even selling it. Where did the scammer advertise your car this time ?

Don

4. FatRat310

FatRat310

I got an email from a dude that goes by the name James Spears.. i posted a "wanted" thread on the HAMB for a 36 coupe and he sent me a email selling a coupe that he claimed was his.. i knew i had seen it before so i did a search and found the coupe.. i knew it was too good to be true so i contacted the person and he confirmed it wasnt him.. just wanted to give everyone a heads up!!

cheers

Alex

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

5. gwarren007

gwarren007

Maybe the guy who bought it was selling it - at a lower price than he paid. I would buy it back from him for the lower price :D

Anyone hear of buyers regret?

6. Just to be clear, this is not my buyer being regretful, obviously I'd "buy it back" at a discount if there were that opportunity. Alex has done us all a service in identifying a potential problem.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't know , Bob, are you sure you aren't double dipping ??? :D:D

Don

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Oh! Oh! Oh!
    BOB's a scammer!!!! :D:D Just kidding!!! Thanks for the heads up man! They will try anything, the bad part is if they were not getting away with it every now and then they would not keep doing it.....Jim

9. Post the scammers E-mail address,,we will all tell him we want it and start a bidding war!;):D HRP

10. Now Pops..............you know I'm a greedy, filthy capitalist!:D

What is really sad here is he's targeting the HAMB specifically by going after Wanted ads posted here.

11. I saw your add on nwhamb. My first hotrod was a 36. If I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat. Great car.

12. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Oh great, now we have the other trouble maker.....HOTRODPRIMER!!:D:D:D:D:DJim

13. Paul B

Paul B

They do it on C-list all the time, give bs story the husband died cant keep car, Wise up fellas if it's too good to be true it' a scam

14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a case like that, I'd email back and request photos of some obscure area of the car, i.e. floor of the trunk or under the rocker panels, etc. A scammer usually wouldn't have or be able to obtain those pictures.

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

16. FatRat310

FatRat310

yeah thats sad he or she is targeting the HAMB wanted section.. keep an eye out for that