Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 Studebaker Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SicSpeed, Sep 27, 2016.

1. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

I've been given the opportunity to buy this coupe. The price is great and the condition is good for what's there. The thing holding me back is the missing parts.
    No trim, no gauges, grille or grill sides,no hood sides. No bumpers but that's not a big deal.
    It's a very nice body needing a floor, 2 sets of very nice fenders and a grille surround, hood top and 1 and 1/2 frames.
    Any HAMBERs know where parts are for these. I'd like to find a nice grille and hood sides plus the side trim.
    This build would be an early custom.
    [​IMG]
    Internet pic of a restored car

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LeoH, mgtstumpy and dana barlow like this.
  2. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The '34-'37 Studebakers were some of the best looking cars that were ever built. However, they are hard to come by these days and parts can be a real bear to find. Having time, patience, and a really deep wallet can help make the search go easier. If you have at least two of those characteristics I would say go for it. I would also encourage you to plug into the Studebaker community and the Studebaker Driver's Club website as it will really help to network with other Studebaker folks.

In the early 2000's I had a '37 Studebaker Coupe Express. It was a basket case that needed everything. I searched for and collected parts for it for years - as time and money would allow. You have to search for parts nationwide if you're going to start one of these. I finally ended up selling it along with all the parts and the '37 Dictator parts car that I had collected for it as I ran out of all three - time, patience, and money.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    LeoH likes this.
  3. aircap

aircap

You'll get the purists all riled up, but you could ask over on the AACA Forum in the Studebaker, Erskine and Rockne section (scroll way down).... That's where all the Antique Studebaker Club guys hang....

LeoH likes this.
  4. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Thanks Thor1 & aircap

LeoH likes this.

5. aircap

aircap

Good luck with it.... Should be bitchin....