Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 35 chevy door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatmotor40, Sep 1, 2017.

1. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

What tool is needed to install piece on door before handle goes on.It is swedged on somehow Thanks.It is a 35 Standard sedan

2. the outside escutchen uses this tool, available at "chevs-of-the 40's" Unknown.jpeg

razoo lew and Fern 54 like this.
  3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here are a couple of handy links
    That tool flares the end of the door ferrule so it remains affixed to door skin. I bought one some time ago and the price has gone up since. :eek: Steele Rubber also sell them, Ferrule installing tool
    upload_2017-9-1_21-46-53.jpeg Door handle ferrule upload_2017-9-1_21-47-46.jpeg

Fern 54 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks I.m a long way from that but I was working on doors and just thought about it.Will be checking swap meets for used one

5. i have never been able to perfect the use of the tool. sometimes it seams just a little bulge in the ferrel will lock it to the door. sometimes it needs to actually peel a sliver of the ferrel and clamp it to the door. sometimes it seams to much "working" of the ferrel and it gets loose no matter what you do. i have actually had to remove and start over. anyone know the proper technic?

6. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks for help but a long way away from it now but will keep looking

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

tb33anda3rd likes this.