Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 35-36 pickup wiper covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rottenron36, Jul 19, 2018.

1. rottenron36

rottenron36
    from Corbett OR

I can't understand why somebody isn't reproducing wiper covers for 35-36 pickups. I have seen used ones upward of $100. I need one and there seems to be quite a market for them. I have thought about taking the one I have to a few sheet metal shops to see how much It would cost to have some made. I'm just not sure if there is enough interest too cover the cost. Any input and thoughts, Please. Thanks Ron

2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

It would seem like a DIY type of project unless you needed them do look exactly stock.

3. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

I've got a spare one if you need it. That said, seems like you could make a read simple die for them out of some 1/2 inch plate steel and a die grinder. Hell, if you have a machine shop nearby, you could probably get it done for a couple hundred bucks. Most folks probably just cut a flat plate and call it a day.

4. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

I have a few extra and would send you one if you still need it. Semper Fi