Register now to get rid of these ads!

35/36 ford rear fender question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by custom_lettering, Feb 4, 2010.

1. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

i've searched and didnt find my answer so if you know the thread please post.
    what is the difference between coupe and sedan fenders? every once in a while i find a nice set of sedan fenders and don't get them because i know there difference. but is it just the mounting holes?...the flange that goes against the car at a different angle?...or are they a totally different shape??? thanks

2. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

completely different where they bolt up,side by side the coupe is a couple inch's wider

3. eberhama

eberhama

From the center of the wheel arch forward, they are the same. The rear inside part is where they're diffrent. On a sedan, the body doesn't taper in very much, on a coupe/roadster it tapers quite a bit, making the coupe fenders a fair bit wider. I had planned to widen sedan fenders for my coupe before I found a set of coupe ones. Once you see them side by side, you'll never mistake one for the other again. I'm surprised no one has started restamping the inside quarter of the fender, to make the conversion easier.

4. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

thanks guys, thats what i needed. i agree with you about a piece to make an easy conversion. great idea