Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '35 3 Window, Damn Right it was a Good Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lewk, Apr 10, 2016.

1. 33Doll

33Doll

Are you just wire wheeling? Or are you using so sort of acid wipe in addition?
    I have to do do the same thing to my floor, and structure.
    Thanks Rick IMG_8350.JPG IMG_8373.JPG IMG_8358.JPG

2. Lou39

Lou39
    from Cedar, MI

Late to the party. Great work. I had a '36 3 window from '56 to '68 and sold it to buy an airplane. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

lewk and TagMan like this.
  3. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

I wire wheeled everything for starters. I sand blasted nooks and crannies. My compressor was really limited. I’ve been dipping smaller parts in vinegar and then coating them with ospho. I’ve been wire wheeling, osphoing, and weld through priming when I open up areas I won’t be able get back in later. I’ve been using purple 3m pads for stripping paint and big crusty crap. I’m getting a better compressor together so I can final blast stubborn parts before I prime the whole car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    33Doll likes this.
  4. 34Larry

34Larry

Hey man, what a find. Those stock wires look so good on it, hope they are there when you, get-'er-done.

5. 33Doll

33Doll

Thanks, been moving along on my project with this Corona thing keeping me home, its great, at least for me.
    Whats “ospho” is that the milky stuff that turns green then black? Thats what I have. Its. Called “conquest”
    We use it at work for rusty submerged metal.

6. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Ospho is Ospho. It’s a phosphoric acid based rust treatment that leaves a black coating of neutralized rust that you can prime over if you follow the instructions correctly.

IMG_3983.JPG

I’m apparently essential and still working so I’m not getting much done on the coupe. There have been a couple of waves of layoffs but I’ve been lucky. If that changes, I’ve got a stack of patch panels and a fresh bottle on my welder to make the time pass.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

33Doll likes this.
  7. Any progress on this beauty?